Monday 22 December 2008

Mead-Refreshes the parts other drinks wouldn't want to

So dear readers Yule arrived,we'd sang about it for the last few weeks,if you were lucky enough....you even received an official Spriggan Mist Yule card with a limited edition "Days of winter" CD attached. It was only fitting that wifey and I should celebrate Yule correctly.

So after a lovely evening we settled down in the front room . We sat there with a pewter goblet full of Mead each. We had exchanged a Yule ptresent already and my gift to Wifey ,Mediaeval Baebes' Mistletoe and wine cd was playing eminating the most beautiful melodic yet at times haunting music throughout the room which for those of you in the know is decorated in a style that lends to mystic and wonder. This feel was further enhanced by the thick haze of Yule incense burning on a table in the back room making a christmas card setting as we sat in just candle light be it for some Christmas lights on the tree and on a garland above the fireplace underneath which was situated proudly on the hearth a Yule log that wifey had made and decorated with holly and ivy and three candles red white and green .


The setting was perfect ...I sipped my Mead and stared into the Yule Log the flames were hypnotising as the Baebes sang for us...I drifted off to a relaxing sleep...lord of my Manor happy and content ...................................I felt a cold sensation in my lap...The Baebes were almost throught there festive repertoire...I looked down at my lap and there it was my once full pewter goblet laying in my lap contents of which dripping through my trousers onto the setee,chilling anything in between.....Mead is of course alcohol and as i tried to clean it from our lovely brown leather suite ...the cold turned to burning ......Wifey could hardly contain her self as I did a special Yule tide jig straight into the shower.

Yule blessings to you all

No comments:

Post a Comment