Monday 26 September 2011

Therapy

hi there blog fans! it's been ages hasn't it.....well I'm back. so what has prompted this return to blog land?

I've ditched my personal facebook page ...why? my firm have been monitoring what I've been doing in my private life..and although i have done nothing outrageous...(or wrong certainly nothing illegal) it bugs me so it had to go. Also because of work related depression I have done a lot of soul searching and I have decided that this blog is a bit of self help therapy. I was getting Gazillions of hits on here too.

So what has changed? three band members for a start ....out went Shaun the drummer, he couldn't commit....truth be known playing to hundreds of Faeries and/or bhuddists in robes was a bit too much for him..but just another day in the office for a hardened Sprig! The Lamberts have gone. Dave has taken his sandals off the Sprig's stage and together they are planning world domination of the prog sort under the name David Jail..currently seeking musicians to launch that. Still good friends and we wish them the best....

So we now have three new members Bex on Recorder and Cello. Yes we wanted to go back to Max's original recorder sound and Bex is the perfect addition as she plays Cello too..really adds texture to the band and translates what Max writes perfectly into the live scenario....

Gary on guitar. tough shoes to fill given Dave Lambert's fret wandering skills ...but Gary never filled that Dave replacement role ...instead he pushed that aside and said "it's Gary time" bringing his own brand of heavy chugging screaming wheeling cheese infested posing ..well Garyness. Has been a breath of fresh air. With his range of ultimately cool guitars.

Then we have Colin, the most low maintenance drummer I have ever played with. Colin is as steady as they come ...really drives Spriggan Mist, adding to that all new rocky outlook

Max does quite a bit more soloing now and is writing some excellent material and i think the Real sound of Spriggan Mist as she envisaged is starting to emerge.

Me? i'm writing a bit more ..singing a bit more and I think the bass playing is a little more driven now....(even use a pick at times) I'm also playing bouzouki on stage now ....

But don't take my word for all this.....check us out....



oh one last thing...we kinda have a manager...Rie.....more about her next blog LOL!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to hear the new line up Catch up soon Bb Sandi xx

    ReplyDelete