Friday 15 February 2008

Me and my F**king Piano

I had that Friday night feeling . Driving home in my car sun setting on another week at work . The Who was blaring on my Ipod .....life couldn't be better. Looking forward to an evening of relaxation and a cider or two. I arrived home to the news from Wifey that the staff at the Outlaws sheltered accomodation had thrown out their Hemmingway piano because it was out of tune and no one had touched it for four years. So off we trotted to the Outlaws who live about a mile away and sure enough today they had placed their piano out in the open by the bin room. Try as hard as we could it just wouldn't fit in the rear of my car.......so we took the decision to wheel it across a road down a slope under an underpass through another underpass up a slope along a busy road and a descent into Machero towers...simple...after all it was on wheels. So off we trotted leaving mini minx with the outlaws rockstar supervised his Mum and Dad making a spectacle of themselves again......I mean imagine you were driving along on a Friday night and you see a couple with their young son out walking ...the piano......It was actually going really well Rockstar even played a few notes in the underpass as a few people went by........some looked amused at the sight others ignored it like it was normal to be out on a freezing cold February night pushing a piano .
All was going really well until we ran over a man hole...........one of the casters fell off bringing proceedings to a halt there we were stuck in a middle of a roundabout with an out of tune piano. We eventually got it up the slope and back onto the main road and a young bloke helped us push it another 100 metres and then the other caster packed in . The passer by at that point did that...pass on by Wifey and Rockstar went off to find some old trolleys from our shed to put under the piano to wheel it up and down some more slopes. So thee I stood on a busy A road with a piano......two cars nearly collided another passer by came up to me and said......"Is that a piano?" ....I replied "No it's a flippin horse" I explained what I was doing ...man left wishing me well.
We eventually got the piano home after several incidents of the piano nearly tipping an hour and a half had passed we were all knackered ...lets just hope it can be tuned and repaired.

Heard from the Weymouth clan Little Miz Chavster said that the last blog was boring (the one about Mr Benn) and that she wasn't a Brussel sprout.........Any way Brussel sprout is coming up next week with the rest of the clan I'm sure I will have loads to blog about that day!!!!!!!

Finally I would like to leave you with this thought. This is something that has been bugging me for a long time......Next time you pop into a petrol station for say a bottle of mllk and don’t buy petrol ....say to the cashier as you go to pay “Just that” and point to your purchases ...without fail...they will say “No Petrol?”......It drives me insane!!!!!! “ Well actually yes I have filled my car up but want to dick you about and tell you that I hadn’t” Why else would I say...”just them....” then if you pay cash they will give you your change on top of a note and the receipt. That again really annoys me as you have your wallet in one hand and have to juggle putting everything into it with one hand...It’s a real pet hate of mine...oh and that’s Wifey’s pet hate...the word...pet hate

No comments:

Post a Comment