Thursday 20 November 2008

Spriggan Mist playing at the Faery Fest

She looked up at the sky and exclaimed “Look there is an aeroplane” I responded in my usual patient and humouring way......” We are indeed by Heathrow Mother dearest” she then tried to point out that the plane was really low....... how she thought that the passengers might disembark I can’t imagine ........parachute ...free fall......teleportation ....worked for Star Trek although Mr Sulu has inadvertently teleported into some jungle inhabited by gay ex police chiefs and people that eat kangaroo balls. I’m half expecting ...or rather hoping Kirk is going to appear and zap Paddick and friends and teleport Sulu off .........it would only be back on the enterprise that they would realise that Sulu has in fact turned gay too....but anyway I digress....Mother Dearest not content on pointing out the obvious ...like around one of the busiest airports in the world there would be planes flying around, we went to get petrol at a petrol station and came out with yet another statement ........”ooh I can smell petrol” ?!?!?!?!?!?

We were on a quest to prepare for the evenings surprise birthday party for Wifey and knowing her recent partiality for mead ...I went to Morris and Doris (Morrisons) on the way out I searched furiously for my car park ticket ...could of sworn I gave it to Mother dearest.....suffering the Barrage of abuse about putting things in a safe place I searched myself like a man being eaten by fleas.....there was nothing for it ....go to the grumpy man in the kiosk and admit I’d lost the ticket....”Sure I didn’t give it to you mother Dearest?” my voice disappearing across the car park as headed off to get another ticket and probably a hefty penalty......to my surprise the blokey bloke didn’t charge me and i raced towards the barrier with my fresh new ticket............Mother Dearest then produces the original ticket ...”oh you did give it to me “ she said all innocently ....AAAAAAAGGGGGHHHHHHH!

But even the escapades of MD couldn’t distract my delight that Spriggan Mist have been asked to play at a Festival in Cornwall on Midsummer Solstice. The Festival is The Three Wishes Faery Fest a three day event 19th -21st of June 2009. It’s run by one of the three singers in the band the Daughters of Gaia who made contact via our myspace . We are going to play Saturday afternoon and Sunday afternoon we are really looking forward to it .....we’ve also been asked to do a charity gig in Weymouth in the new year too but more on that another time when we have more details.
So the hard work begins now, the new album needs to be released and backing tracks from it need to be produced and rehearsed and adapted for live performance....................
By for now ...be blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment