Wednesday 11 February 2009

Anniversary

14 years!!!!! ………………..Been married 14 years today …blimey how time flies…..I’m not going to do the …….”you get less for burglary” joke as that would imply that being married to wifey is a bad thing and would also wind me up in casualty probably. Well today unlike 14 years ago it is sunny. We have Folking live to look forward to tonight and Uiscedwr are playing which is going to be a fantastic gig. We’ll probably have a curry tonight too. So happy days…..especially as Wifey bought me another first account WW1 book (I love them books) and a 3 disc David Gilmour live in Gdansk cd/DVD…which I had on at breakfast this morning as Rockstar sat howling to “Comfortably Numb” I whipped out my acoustic bass and mimic’d Guy Pratt’s bass line (well Roger Waters really but you know what I mean…you don’t? …oh well means I’m waffling again) I often wonder whether in about 30 years time our kids will tell their kids how their Grandfather would whip out his bass at 7 O’clock in the morning to prance around the kitchen.

Wifey actually made me laugh …..as we stood watching Gilmour sliding his fingers up and down the fretboard , he was making that familiar Gilmour pout he does. Wifey said “ look he’s really having himself isn’t he”….”A real guitarist I’m digging this face” reminded me of Eddie Murphy on his stage show demonstrating facial expressions at other enjoyable moments……but maybe that is for another day……(the subject of Eddie Murphy that is…..not….well…….you know….I’ll stop digging.) Yesterday though was not such a good day …..my PC was giving me grief and I emailed our IT kind of people who look afer a particular database I work with……so the emails went like this ……



“My computer crashed again ,when I logged back into the database it thinks I 'm still logged in ??!?!? can you help?”

“You will have to ring 69555 and report the fault to them...Let me know how you get on as I am sure you will require a new password.”

“The last time this happened I was told to do this, and they told me to email you
It's because the computer keeps crashing (I have a techy coming out for that today )
do you reckon a size 12 boot will work right on the monitor?....no? .......ok ......bare with me……”

So I phoned the number as told

“OK…I spoke to the nice lady on 69555 and guess what? yes!....... she asked i contact you to reset my password
now just in case you think i'm telling porky pies (the shame of it ...being an upstanding member of the firm I wouldn't do such a thing)

she gave me a call number 1938486

please please can you reset my password before I completely loose the will to do any work today and go home sit in the corner and chew on my golden retriever's hide bone

thanking you for your time”

“You clearly have had enough of that database..computers etc etc......as for your size 12 boot????......maybe not! I am happy to help you once your techy has been to see you!!!!”

“But I need that database I only have this one computer i can work on .........this computer has been crashing for about 5 weeks now and i have had the techy out about six times .........

they won't give me a new computer.....they change this and that and the other but it still isn't working .........rather like me really ….but I can't do anything without that database today. Unless I leave the civic centre and go to another office.......but then i don't have the council system to update my findings from that database......I could sit hear emailing you all day as pleasant as it is but i really do need to do some work now

please reset my password...my dog's hide bone is really starting to appeal.”

An email was sent with my reset password

“I thankyou ,size 12 boot was poised you saved a poor hapless computer from certain death
nice doing business I feel sanity returning”

then I sent

“It was truely a great thing!...my database ...open ...ready to use........I did my search that I'd been trying to do for the last hour typing it with a great smile on my face waiting to see what the search would give me.................like searching for eggs left by the bunny in the garden at easter......a beautiful moment ....the search came back............

No hits returned...........typical...an anti climax!”



“LOL.............I feel very sorry for you.....but i haven't laughed like in ages...and because of my loud laugh i had to tell the rest of the office.....They too are now in stitches (thank you).....I feel your pain re that databases

I take it there will be no update for me to read??....Sorry i'm being cheeky now!!”




I was so pleased to have brightened someone’s day up………inadvertently mind ! All I wanted to do was my job!!!!! I don’t know why people call me a clown especially when I’m being serious….hey ho….

No comments:

Post a Comment