Friday 20 February 2009

Train hopping

Half term is nearly at an end and I’ve worked all through it……..Wifey had it off……..(time offwork that is) as I have no leave left so I started each day at about 5 0’clock to finish at 1 pm to enjoy the family a bit……..well on one of these days Wifey and the kids went up to the Natural History Museum for the day at which point I followed and met them and did what you do in the Natural History Museum….look at dead things…..there was a nice dead elephant and a nice dead Bear etc………it was a good afternoon the crowds were plenty and we just couldn’t get into the dinosaur exhibition as the queues were so long…….but then they saw Mother Dearest a few days before so it wasn’t that much of a disappointment ….(oops that’s going to go down like a fart in a wet suit !!!! sorry MD only joshing).

Anyway the point of the story is that at South Kensington Tube I said good bye to the family as they had to go to Waterloo (queue ABBA in all their glory) and I had to go to Paddington (back to the subject of stuffed bears again) as I had to pick my car from West Drayton.……..So on the platform I saw the tube pull in and jumped on …….then realising it wasn’t going to Paddington…….but the tube was going to Ealing Broadway….hoorah! I’d get a train to Drayton from there……and sure enough I get off the tube and in comes an Oxford bound train which would take me to West Drayton except to my surprise as we reached Drayton we sailed on by!!!!!!!!…..oh pants I thought may be it won’t stop til Oxford!!!!!! Luckily it stopped in Slough ….I got off looked across at the London bound platform …there it was ………the train……..(cue chariots of fire music and slow motion camera) I ran up the stairs ….why is it ? that when you are running for the train the biggest fattest slowest woman appears in front of you usually carrying bags usually dithering as to where she’s going to go …..I found this woman and when I finally negotiated her I ran down to the platform and jumped on as the doors were shutting …that was far too much time I cared to spend in Slough!!!…I sat down panting hot, and bothered which I must say scared the proverbials out of this woman sitting in front of me……As the train trundled back to Paddington I suddenly realised………I didn’t check it stops at West Drayton…the little rolling displays weren’t working so I had to put my faith in lady luck ……..who finally shined as I stepped onto the platform ….never thought I’d be so pleased to arrive in West Drayton ………….

So on the music front…..after all this blog is really about the music……recording is going well backing tracks are being prepared and rehearsing has commenced . We have released Spirals on Myspace which has so far been very well received and since Valentines day we’ve had over 200 hits and still rising….We’ve even had an enquiry from a singer ,guitarist violinist who wants to look at maybe joining Spriggan Mist…he sounds quite good too (from his myspace) but anyhow he is coming round to discuss music and the band etc….

Ol’Dawg in the office said “ It’s always nice to play with different people” then said “you know what I mean, not play but bounce off one another” hmmmmm life in the Ol’Dawg yet maybe I was kind of hoping this bloke would maybe join the band not enter into shenanigans of that sort……

In a funny sort of way re recording Lazy Stones last night was like returning to the beginning as it was the first song we recorded …..and whilst I was laying my slidey lazy bass line all I could hear was Wifey on the other computer chortling like a hyena on laughing gas as The Dark Marge was planting the seed in her head on facebook that I need to perform with pixie ears…to which the suggestion was made that maybe I should be wearing a faery dress…….I couldn’t possibly post my reply to such absurd suggestions

1 comment:

  1. Mmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!! It's a good job I agreed to the babysitting BEFORE I read this you "dimonju". I can hear David having a blooming good laugh as well.

    ReplyDelete