Monday 15 June 2009

Humuhumunukunukuapua..is the word

I was tired, very tired I looked around me and it was surreal, all these 10 year olds were doing the Humuhumunukunukuapua, That well known High School Musical song. The 10 year olds were in Hawaiian garb their mums were really getting into it and were doing all the actions on the settee…….what was I doing there!!!!!!!!!

Being on the PTA is no easy feet. It was Friday afternoon and I had been up since the crack of a sparrow’s doodah. The Sharpettes are a group of year 5s at the little’ un’s school that do tribute sketches from High School musical…..now for those of you not in the know HSM is the most annoying nauseating piece of tripe that has ever graced the silver screen…….it’s an American series of films about a group of High School kids that …….well are…musical

It was my job to go and logistically look at their latest work and see what we could do mic wise for the summer fete. So I trundle along to PTA agent Maltese Falcon ‘s house who I must say had it sorted …shove a hotdog in the hands of those kids (siblings etc.).that weren’t taking part shepherd The Sharpettes into the front room and relative order was restored from the previous excited shrill of ten year old girls wearing grass skirts and flowers. They did their performance for me with audience participation in the form of their Mum’s doing the fish noises and rather annoying spitting that is part of the song……….and there I was right in the middle of it not knowing if I should smile……keep a straight face or just make my apologies and vomit down the toilet……

Don’t get me wrong the girls are very good they do all the choreography themselves and learn the lyrics and really pull it off….but HSM is so awful!!!!! Now some of the Mum’s at the school say it’s not dissimilar to Grease in our day…..but that is not right is it?….I mean Grease is the word….It's got groove it's got meaning Grease is the time, is the place is the motion .Grease is the way we are feeling….High School Musical is Humuhumunukunukuapua……I rest my case……

PTA life is rather strange, Agent A came up to me the other day when she was explaining she was onto someone about a rumour and literally told me she should be a detective from MFI…..I ,rather confused asked ….”what , you want to nick people that steel draws and cabinets ?” I realised she meant FBI………ooohhhh….(places palm of hand across eyes and shakes head whilst looking at the floor)

But the School fete is nearly here and the flyer announcing Spriggan Mist’s participation looks like dis!




The third gig went well …we played in the forest in a clearing and played 12 songs including the new one Solstice …….Think we were well received and the mistakes we know we made weren’t glaring and actually someone from work who was there actually came to see me today and said that our music suited the environment and it was a great evening and that he could of sat there all night listening to us having a beer…..

This could be taken two ways and I did ask….(did you expect me not to?)

So our music suited the environment……we were in the woods…..

1. a polite way of saying our music was wooden …..or indeed full of sh1t….as we all know what bears do in the woods
2. Or we captured the serenity of nature and whisked people away on a wave of sublime energy of the forest.

Could have sat there all night listening to us having a beer

1. A polite way of saying …your music sounds better with a beer or it indeed drives you to drink…..
2 The relaxing cold beer was supplemented by the melodic bliss of Spriggan Mist

You can judge for yourself anyway as I have posted up a video on youtube just type in Spriggan Mist live and you will find it………….Curiously enough the video shows The Gurning Gizmo Techno kid and I with green attire…how odd…….we were wearing Black…..Wifey can also see a face in the tree behind Gurno boy ……I reckon it was the forest's way of accepting us as one of it’s own.


Next week is the biggy……..3 wishes Faery Fest…time to iron out the silly mistakes put in maximum concentration and put on smiley face…….lets rock dem Faeries!!!! In a Spriggan Rock kinda way of course.

2 comments:

  1. What I'd like to know is what is so fascinating about watching you drink beer? Is this a new feature in the act that I havent seen before....?

    ReplyDelete