Tuesday 9 June 2009

Number one super guy.....Quicker than a human eye!!

Two stone ...it's official I have lost two stone since Easter Monday .......and when I have just had a morning doo doo it's two stone two pounds but that I suspect is far too much information.

Well the Maltese word for rain is indeed xita (pronounced Shit-a) and that about summed up the weather this weekend really....as we lazed around as a family ensuring that our children watch educational things on the telly like .......the whole series of Hong Kong Phooey (did you know they only actually made 16 episodes????).......I mean he was a 70s Martial arts icon ..............shame he hung himself really .....or was that David Carradine?..........none the less Hong Kong Phooey used to jump into a filing cabinet to get changed ...maybe David Carradine jumped into a wardrobe to do the same and got it wrong trying to emulate the real top dog in 70s chop sockys!!!!!!..........could be?

Before you all call us lazy bar stewards I'll explain why we were chilled as penguins! we have full diaries the next few weekends.

Next week is Rockstar's birthday ...he is 8.........and we are taking him and his partner in crime from many school playground tales of cheekiness and general Tom Foolery to Diggerland in Kent. The next day we are gigging at Phasels Wood in Kings Langley where Rockstar makes his debut with the new line up of Spriggan Mist on " The Park and Orion II"

We have been practicing and may even include a small set of Reels .....my !!!!!how times have changed ........there is me playing the old root and fifths to trad. folk stuff....and loving it.....
I have checked my self ...I don't smell of wet dogs and mothballs ....... yet so I'm not a real folky. Although the clothes I'm wearing on stage will probably get more outrageous as we progress on our musical journey.

Which leads me onto a little pet project of mine.......my aim is to get the Incredible Gurning Gizmo kid in to Spriggan Mist role.......Without doubt he is an integral part of the new Spriggan Mist sound in performance, arrangement and writing........but we need to get him kitted out .....I'm thinking medievel tunics and Harem trousers and sandals ...without the socks ........I'm thinking maybe leather viking belt .......I'm going to send him some links tonight ....I might even run an on line poll.............What do you think the Gizmo kid will look best in sort of jobby.. we have to look good for the Faery fest......with a name like Spriggan Mist ...we have to look medievel or funky medievel .............

Together with The Dark Marge Wifey and I will be shooting up to Birmingham to watch the long awaited Jeff Wayne' s War of the Worlds on stage ...we are taking Rockstar ...but he doesn't know it yet so shhhhhhh!
We arrive back early hours of Saturday morning then set off to Bodmin for the 3 wishes Faery Fest where I think we are playing Saturday and Sunday..........

I can't speak for the rest of our intrepid band of Musicians but I for one am looking forward to Faery Fest. I know we will rise to the occasion we have worked hard and I am going to enjoy every moment of it. As festivals go it is fairly low key although by evening time the Dolmen are playing and they are probably the best festival get up on your feet and dance folk rock type band about and sharing the same stage as these guys will be fantastic.........ok we will have been on a few hours earlier but you get me jist.

Of course it is the summer solstice .....The Oak King triumphs over the Holly King............really looking forward to the whole experience. oh and it's Father's day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then the weekend after we off down to Weymouth to visit Wifley's Bro and family ...u know Lil miss Chavster and co!!...then it's all the way to the last gig of the 6 gig run ...the School fete......


So there is loads to look forward to ...I will post piccies and diary bits from all events coz I know you lot will be interested..........oh you're not .....well I 'll post it anyway............

1 comment:

  1. Yes I am really looking forward to seeing you dressed as a faery at the festival, surely a Kodac momment if ever there was one....

    ReplyDelete