Tuesday 22 September 2009

We're back at it

These strange musicians turned up on my doorstep last night and after some careful interrogation I realised they were Spriggan Mist!!!! Yes the Gizmo kids have taken a sabbatical from their holidays to come to rehearsals …they are off again this week while Gurning Boy celebrates another birthday.

Has been a month since we met and it's amazing …… the song Northern Lights has gone all mellow and Lonely Shore has had the proverbial kicked out of it and turned into a rock song a'la Dolmen….we have persuaded Gurning boy not to strip off to bare chest and prance around in a kilt like The Dolmen's charismatic front man Taloch….(I am definitely not putting my hair into blonde dreadlocks and wearing a basque as their bass player does…...............she is female of course……I'm not ……I'm sure you have noticed…) but it is all good!

Before I could do any band practice I had to help my eight year old boy , Rock Star to do his homework……the question he had was

" What religion was Jesus brought up in?" Rockstar gave me a blank expression…………….so I said trying to funnel the answer out of him..

"Well ok, Jesus was said to be the King of the J…..?" his reply was quick

"Jungle" he shouted….hmmm

Try explaining that one away to his teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment