Thursday 16 August 2007

Bagpuss Ransom

The night before rehearsals are usually mad panics to get the last finishing touches to the song or songs the band will rehearse the next day. This week was no exception “Last Train to Clarksville” is coming along famously “Mr Rock “N” Roll” is almost there the other songs are just about sorted. Now you see The Dark Marge is an artist (no not a piss artist....well not all the time) He designed the Hot Machero logo and if you surf on into his myspace he has a load of his 3D art displayed. So when he agreed about a year ago to do me an Orc playing a bass I was kind overjoyed.............but in his truly devilish mischievous way The Marge of the darkest kind has got me by the short and curlies.......
He asked me to tab out Romeo and Juliet and Bag puss for the Mandolin and now he has held my completed Orc to Ransom for these tabs. so you can picture the scene at our house tonight ...packing to go to Malta on Saturday getting the kids off to bed cleaning and washing ..rehearsing for tomorrow’s band practice and you guessed it tabbing out the music for flaming Bag puss (well not really flaming as Bag puss was kind of cool in a droopy kind of way)... To my amazement I did it from scratch (played it on my bass, .translated it on my Mando wrote it on the computer and sent it all in ten minutes....okay it’s hardly Tchaikovsky’s umpteenth symphony in mini minor........but it was a victory for......... I thought I’d quite like to share the moment...................I wonder if the band would object to me playing the Rainbow theme tune as a bass solo in our set.?...............ho hum.......Time for bed said Zebedy

No comments:

Post a Comment