Monday 13 August 2007

Let's not twist again

Ashley my new bass combo is a thumper!!! No more will I be lost in a wilderness of twang twang teeeeeeeoooooowww as my four strings compete with the combined total of twelve belonging to Wifely and Diddler. Even Barabanshik our drummer extraordinaire can hear me now!!!!! Wicked!!!!!
Just when I thought my musical life couldn’t get better…………the band decide we are to bin “Lets twist again” and “Let’s dance” hurrah! (Kind of annoying after let’s dance wasn’t easy to work out at first..but hey!) These songs have been replaced by some cool songs “Mr Rock n’ Roll “ by Amy Macdonald and “Vertigo” by U2 with “Last Train to Clarksville” by the Monkees adding to the to do list just to give a little cheese to our repetoire…..”Dakota” by Stereophonics went well last rehearsal except I stood in on vocals for an absent Pugwash the RSPCA knocked on the hall doors to see who was slaughtering cats on the premises but hey it served a purpose. “I can’t Explain “ by the Who went really well the rehearsal before that so slowly but surely we are increasing the amount of songs at our disposal…

Jockanese K …..MBE and his wife,Mrs Jockanese K…..MBE and their daughter,little Miss Jockanese K……MBE came round to us on Friday night. He had in his mitts the DVD of our very first gig at the Boot …my word we have come a long way in our sound since then…thanks to all of you who were there that day……….but you fibbing bunch of wot nots!!!!! We weren’t very good at all!
It was great to see the Jockanese K……MBEs but it was tinged with a little sadness to the fact that Jockanese K..MBE has been posted back to Iraq. He is an RAF man and he is off to Basra …obviously he hasn’t told me too much of what he is doing (he’d have to shoot me!) but it sounds a mighty dangerous place and I’m sure that the rest of us in our cosy little lives aren’t being given the full picture by the establishment into what is happening over there. So later this month he is off…..all kitted out in his camoflage gear…(cue Rambo music) going to the middle east and joining in the war against terrorism….….Jockanese K…MBE …we salute you!…….he has promised to keep in touch and read my endless entries of drivel and has said he will write some bits for this blog for your entertainment (heavily censored by NTKB…….Need To Know Basis) I mean I don’t know what he can tell me that would be classed as non sensitive by the MOD (that’s Ministry Of Defence by the way not Paul Weller etc…)……I mean what can he say …..”Weather nice, food good , locals friendly wish you were here!”……hardly. “Today I saw some sand” maybe? Jockanese K ….MBE I’m sure will come up with something interesting for us. I’m sure I speak for all of you that read this blog (those who know him and those that don’t and whatever your views over Iraq) Take care K and hurry home for New Year’s Eve you have family and friends back home thinking of you……….

Mini Minx our little girl was 3 on Saturday…..we went to The Zoo for the day. We piled Mother dearest and Mokey (Mini Minx’s God mother ) into the car and we all went down to Marwell meeting the Dark Marge down there. Weather was great the day was really good apart from a few minor hitches Mother dearest nearly getting thrown in with the Gibbons having thought to have been an escapee, and then she nearly got into a scrap with a woman as they stood in the queue for ice creams as Mother Dearest tried to barge in on her turn….oh yes…… and there was the moment when she looked quizzically into the glass on the Tigers enclosure and wondered why they needed a rubbish bin in there………it was in fact a reflection of the one she was virtually standing next to……cringe making but very amusing! We let her off anyway as she had copious amounts of home made sausage rolls with her….and as we all sat their feeding in a circle on a nice grassy embankment I almost expected hordes of people standing around taking photos, ooing and ahhing as we fed………. …but then everyone knows there are no Chimps at Marwell.

Mini minx enjoyed herself and she was totally spoilt for presents by everyone which leads me onto my next rant……why oh why are children’s toys packed with thousands of twisty wires which are stuck to the cardboard upon which they are mounted with cellophane and then screwed into a base with screws that chew up as soon as you try and undo them? Peppa Pig’s Camper van complete with camping equipment and pig family was a nightmare to open…what were the manufacturers thinking….Daddy Pig was going to start the thing up and ram through the box to lead his family on a camping holiday of a life time or something?
Holidays ….we are going to Malta next weekend….where my Dad was from…where I lived during my formative years to young adult….I’m going home I suppose.
We are staying at my Auntie’s which will be cool as she is as zany and whacky as we are …..and staying on the musical theme her daughter….Mett…my cousin plays the sitar, her husband (known as Scary Jez by our kids….he isn’t but that’s what they call him ) plays guitar and has started playing the Israj which is another Indian instrument. This should be most interesting to hear! Our six year old Rockstar is excited as he gets to drive my uncle’s boat and I hope that this time next week we will indeed be in some sun bleached bay sipping the local wines on their boat. It can’t come quick enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment