Sunday 19 August 2007

Out of office hours my &rse

Wifey took a step back took a deep breath and unleashed hell on the hapless car hire man at the airport….We had landed an hour late the kids had been great on the plane and all the baggage arrived safely, met the rellies with hugs and kisses all round everything was going fine until we had arrived at this budget car hire at Malta's Luqa airport.
We had paid upfront for the car online but then there were the hidden charges…the out of office hours charge…..I kid you not…we were always going to arrive after 2300 hours but the man said well I'm here til three but after 2200 hours there is an out of office time charge….he wasn't going to let up on the hidden charges either …..well I even tried speaking Maltese but I got the it's not me but my bosses soeach in Mlatese as well as English………We decided …no…just part with the dosh and lets get on with it.
So we went to bed after gorging on as many Pastizzi as humanely possible and settled down to sleep courtesy of Auntie Jessie's air conned room…..I'd forgotten how hot Malta was ……even hotter than Wayne Rooney's match day socks but as holey as The Dark Marge's. anyway today was spent on the beach….we went to Ghadira for those in the know and then went back home for some Pasta in the oven…anyway gotta go the wine is flowing .
18:37 - 0 Comments - 0 Kudos - Add Comment - Edit -

No comments:

Post a Comment