Wednesday 1 October 2008

Options

I lay there in bed .....I was awoken by the bass line to Queen's Under pressure .......I looked at Wifey's alarm clock with contempt .0530 hours it said .....Option 1....put my head under the pillow and try and get back to sleep...option 2 ...smack the living crap out of it .....and get back to sleep. wifey saved the hapless alarm clock (Ipod docking station actually) just as Brian May comes in with old Red. Then dear reader I find myself wandering down stairs making Wifey Tea......it happens every morning but this morning I sussed why...........Subliminal suggestion...she thought I was deep asleep but I could hear her under her tongue saying "Tea........teeeeeeeeea.......teeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaa" so off I trotted. Tomorrow when I wake up early i'm going to try it...."Full english breakfast........full Englishhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..Full...englishhhhhhhhhh" I'll let you know how I get on ...if I can still walk to the computer that is.

So I've just sent heroff to work and stood in the door way waving goodbye admiring my handy work of laying a ton of slug pellets the night before in the front garden ..it looked like a slug mass murder had occurred .I half expected some Police slugs to turn up and cordon my front garden off ushering me indoors saying " move along human there is nothing to see" It was at that point of wondering I thought I needed to go to bed again .......but no Options entered my head again.
Option 1....i snuggle back to bed for an hour ....bed to my own leaving me to snore fart burp or all of the above.......option 2....turn on the computer and tap out an installment of the life and times of me.........why oh why I chose option 2 is still a mystery to me as I'm typing . Especially as last night Wifey reminded me that my MOT on my car was due and she couldn't get it taxed til I had that done.....shit shit shit shit my MOT expires.....yesterday...So dearest reader added to the fact I have school run ....School Talent show posters to put up all over the school before I even go to work I have to get that pesky car to an MOT station....I need to get to work on time so I can finish in time for my bass lesson too.

The Talent show has taken over our lives a bit....i can't walk into the school yard without a parent giving me GBH of the ear holes regarding their little johnny not being chosen yet so ans so's little Benny ( i don't know i just plucked it out of the air!) is in it etc...(to be fair there were some genuine agrievances which I will address with the teacher I'm assisting to run this )It's ironic that the first public performance of Spriggan Mist is us going to do the backing for another act singing Bridge over troubled water and You're my best friend by Don Williams.......groan (although it does sound good)...but we do get to play Echoes of Beltane and The Merry Mead on our slot be it just Banjo ,bass and Rockstar on drums.

So yes I'm sitting here wondering where I put last years MOT.....lost....eating a bacon and egg bagel...without butter or sauce...I forgot to buy them ....and drinking water....forgot the ribena too. To top it all off every other Thursday I have to do a presentation at work so the wednesday before is always really busy prepping and researching.....Mr T yesterday suggested that I only actually do any work on that wednesday .......shock horror!

Anyway yesterday Mother dearest hung up her Mobility scooter keys for the day (the town centre breathed a sigh of relief) and took to Windsor with three other hell's Grannies and went on a boat trip down the River Thames....I got a Text from her saying they had the whole boat to themselves.....really ? i retorted...what like mutiny on the bounty........my strangely warped little mind gave me visions of the grannies taking over the boat and ramming anything on the Thames and on the banks come to think of it!..... "no we have two boat people .... dishy young men too"

" No mother Dearest " I sighed " they are called carers.....

No comments:

Post a Comment