Sunday 18 January 2009

Humouring Dad

All of us at Spriggan Towers have got that dreaded virus !!! all except for my remarkable little boy Rockstar! I went down with it Friday and i just couldn't get out of bed......Mini Minx started with the projectile technicoloured yawns last night! and this morning Wifey was struck down!!!! I am incredibly tired and my backside has become amazing friends with the loo seat...my stomach has been moaning like a fart in a cavern! with the same sort of acoustics I hasten to add......
But of course the girls were ill so I had to summon as much energy as i could to keep the house running and nurse the ill.....

Rockstar was my wingman all day and when his exhausted 7 year olds body hit the sack tonight I kind of thought he grew up by a few years today. In a brief chance to relax we had this afternoon he even agreed that i could watch the Spurs v Pompey match (he hates football with a passion)

We sat and watched and he asked all manner of questions about the game and as I revelled in some uninterupted father and son bonding watching footie ...I thought yes....maybe just maybe he will like football after all. just after half time duty called to help the girls upstairs and i casually said to my little mimi me..." no I'll go this time....just tell me what happens...." He looked at me and and said "but I don't even know which ones are Pompey?!?!?!?"...........my heart sank...I had a lot of work to do and he was indeed ....just humouring Dad!

So as I turn into bed on a weekend of illness I reflect..........I realise we are now really behind schedule in recording and rehearsing ...........

that it was a Southampton supporter friend of ours who happened to be working nights who was our saviour last night as he replenished our lemonade stocks at 01.20 hours in his traffic car...........!

and that Pompey have taken 4 points off of Spurs this season...and at their own gaf...with those turncoats Redknapp and Defoe...at their "big club".... couldn't beat us ........suddenly being so close to the toilet is a bit more bearable

more when I'm better!

1 comment:

  1. hmmm hates football with a passion huh? The young padawan shows promis!!

    ReplyDelete