Monday 9 March 2009

Dot the Phantom Pinger

So here I am again dear readers.....sat at my keyboard imparting on to you tales of a folk rock band poised to take the world by storm...... (well Bracknell and environs by bit of winter's gale)I do sit here with a very heavy head actually .....well we had a second rehearsal yesterday and a bottle of Red wine was brought round....I only had a bit short of two glasses ...(but as regular readers know)I am an incredible light weight.

Well the second rehearsal in my opinion was again a great success and some good decent music is in the offing from your favourite folk rock band (what do you mean are Jethro Tull going back out on tour?????) So far we have had a go at Lazy Stones which sees the incredible gurning man take over on the acoustic guitar leaving Wifey to do her Leccy lead bit Gurning Man's wife who from hence forth will be known as Dot......s'pose you want to know why?......nothing to do with Eastenders I might add.....ok i'll tell you later.....anyway Dot plays the recorder bits on the flute ,it was a joy to hear Lazy stones being played by other musicians (even though the two original musicians were really rusty)We nearly had real water sounds too as our bathroom is leaking into the kitchen but that is a story for another day

Dragut's Eye sounded good if only I could sing....oh and play the bass at the same time ! but I'm getting there.

Gurning boy produced the screaming banana yesterday too...yes his leccy fiddle is indeed not just Yellow but YELLOW!!!!!!!and Earth Calling is being fathomed out by gurner ,wifey and Dot ....tis indeed peasey on Bass , the Screaming banana will be used on that and i must say it sounds great. Still work to do on Earth calling but we'll be there soon.



Spirals sees Gurns take over on the acoustic while Wifely sings...then Wifey seeing that Dot had nothing to play on the track showed her how to play the glockenspiel bits .......well Dot was beaming from ear to ear as she beat the little glockenspiel at the opportune moments. so with the Phantom Pinger at the ready we embarked on conquering ...Spirals and all it need's is practice really to get it tight and we'll be there.

Gurning Man's London Town is about there and the one cover we have at this time Widdicombe Fair also sounds really good...with me playing on my fretless on both (hurrah!) We meet next week before the drummer joins us so watch this space.

So why Dot? well Gurning boy and Wifey were talking about how n ice it was to work with Dots (as opposed to tab ....they all read score you see) and I looked at gurning man's wife and said "I didn't know your name is Dot?" So dot it is for now....it tickled me but as stated I was slightly .....spriggan missed!!!!!



So as we go back to our day jobs and our homework for Friday's rehearsal I look into the garden and see the humungus trench little rockstar and I have dug down to our Studio this weekend ,so as to enable elec-trickery to be run, then we'll be well on our way to getting Spriggan Mist live......laters

No comments:

Post a Comment