Monday 16 March 2009

Pig in the Proverbial

I looked round at them on the back seat .....it was Friday 13th ......Red Nose day.! Why couldn't the school just allow the kids to wear .....a red nose! Oh no ...rainbow day! they had to wear as many colours as possible. So there they were odd shoes odd socks (Dark Marge would be proud) loud tops and trousers multi coloured bunches ( mini minx obviously).....i pulled in at a petrol station as obviously they had to pay a pound each for the privilege of looking stupid and I needed a cash machine !!! .......I hurried up to the cash machine..... Damn rats and willies!!!! the machine was out of order...we were running late......I jumped into the car told the kids to hold on and set off like concorde to find a cash machine.....it was then I knew it was red nose day....the amount of clowns driving in our neighbourhood was terrible...it was like Billy Smarts had moved to Bracknell fresh from a recruiting spree at the Royal College of clowning!!!

I was eventually clutching a fist full of cash and had to go back to the garage to get change .......you know it is occassions like this that I'm sure I'm being toyed with by a greater being as then there was a queue at the garage...I scrambled back to the car with a low priced item that I really didn't need, drove off like Lewis Hamilton and got to the procession of children going into school ...(all loooking ridiculous)just in time the only people looking more ridiculous were the teachers......and they weren't in fancy dress!!!!!


I sat in my car took a great big deep breath and reminded myself it was Friday ...and what a week it was......Our half wit big boss at work in his infinite wisdom has come up with a great idea. Take Roadrunner and I out of our offices allow us to have infinite amounts of fun in the field......and get Mr T gets to do all our work......fantastic. Mr T in typical style laughed it off but I am like the proverbial pig in sh1t.... not just wallowing in it but diving into it from the highest spring board performing a triple salco on the way down.

Then this weekend we moved into our music room. It is a studio of sorts but it isn't fully sound proofed by no stretch ...but it's at the end of our garden and is lovely
some internal photos to follow. Anyway off to measure for blinds for it......thats if wifey lets me after the studio base measuring debacle!!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. hmmm all this rushing around with the younglings....here's an idea GET UP EARLIER!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wear odd socks everyday and I manage to get into work on time, early infact.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get up earlier?.......ah now as wise as you may be you speak of something you know little or nothing about.......getting kids ready for school!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey you seem to forget I've dont my share of the school run AND at least my 4x4 was a working off-roader to boot!

    ReplyDelete