Wednesday 12 August 2009

Pasties and Exercise

The choice was ….Malta …or Cornwall……..hmmmm as Mick Hucknall said…"money's too tight to mention"…this year we'll do Cornwall….actually I'm saying the we'll do Cornwall bit not Hucknall …...So this year we forfeited the sun and family in Malta for the rain of Cornwall

Tintagel is a lovely place and we thoroughly enjoyed the whole Arthurian thing…..but my God did it rain?........which considering on the most rainy of days we went to Boscastle almost 5 years to the day that 3 metre high flood waves crashed through the town…we must be mad.

Pasties and Cornish icecream…….beautiful……..although my children opting for a sausage roll and Cornetto from Spar still bewilders me…..but then that is the innocence of youth is it not? The same as Rock Star my 8 year old boy whilst walking through a cow field with our dog asked me if it was allright for Doodles to do poo in the field ….I did point out the cowpats and and he put his hands on his hips and in his bestest Rigsby from Rising Damp pose…(blimey I'm showing some age now) said to me in disgust….well someone needs to do a poo patrol around here (poo patrol is when we pooper scoop the garden at home)

But the hollies are a distant memory now...back to the fun filled world of work ...wooo hooo! We do however have a fun filled weekend to look forward to....We are seeing U2 at Wembley Friday...Mini minx who has just turned 5 has her birthday party on Saturday and then we are hot footing down to Canterbury on Sunday to the Goddess show where Dragon Fly Moon are playing then to top it all off tis band rehearsal on Monday .......I’m trying to learn a bass line for a cover we are looking to do of that 70’s hit Northern Lights by Renaissance....(singer song writer musician of which lives next door virtually to the Gizmos incidentally) The bass line is all over the fret board and I must admit ...it’s hard going and yours truelly is having to work on this ....(rotters) but no pressure.....I’m sure the main man from Renaissance really won’t mind me ripping his song to pieces ....aghhhh!!!! more on that next blog however.....

Mother Dearest is on a fitness drive.......oh yes she circum navigates her sheltered accommodation daily ....(I mean the whole building not just her flat) Whilst we were on holidays she decided to have a go at the cross trainer machine that is situated in a little gym area they have there ......as she fought her way through the cobwebs she climbed on the machine and started pacing .....she found it very hard going the resistance was too much and had to stop very soon after starting. When she proudly told me of her little jaunt on the machine I asked if she had set the resistance low ....she looked at me perplexed and told me she had twiddled some knob......”well what did the display say?” I enquired...”well nothing was on it” she replied......Then the million dollar question beckoned........

“Did you have it switched on?...or even plugged in?”

”What plug? Do you mean you have to plug it in ?” she exclaimed

No comments:

Post a Comment