Wednesday 27 June 2007

Ahhh Grasshopper

ahhhh grass hopper! those of you old enough to remember the 70s hit serial Kung fu will know what I'm on about.....you think!
You see recently, Rockstar had his sports day and inevitably there was the mummy's race and Daddy's race. Wifey lined up in the mummy's race and shot off at the start hot on Agent A's shoulder (Agent A the very persistant PTA member ) unfortunately she pulled up, pulling a muscle in her backside...rats !!!!! Agent A won...wifey hobbled back to the picnic mat and looked me in the eyes ...she needn't say a thing Agent A's husband was in the Daddys race he has won it three years running and rumour has it, they have as many kids as they have as he wants to win it for years to come. He actually hinted that they rename the school after him...this smacked of Lennon and his bigger than Jesus Christ quote ...I had to raise my game ...I walked to the line shoulder to shoulder with my foe.......my mind went back eight years I was just about to go out for the final round at the Kickboxing World Championships my wise old teacher was there in front of me knowing that the fight ..the title ..everything I had trained for was in the balance one more round separated me from glory...I was tired from being used as punch/kick bag by a 18 stone of towering German World Champion ...his wise words came back to me there again ..........just F***ing hit him! ...do not not give up! I snapped back to 2007 and there I was standing on the line I looked at my new foe ...I thought about hitting him it was probably the only way I was going to beat him......younger ,lighter etc,,,, ......but then that wouldn't of been in the spirit of things and he is actually a nice chap.... so I decided I would not give up instead....We set off and soon we were ahead of all the other fathers I was sitting on his shoulder ( not literally you understand as that woulsd make me look like a parrot...and I don’t use the phrase pretty pollyany way)I caught him glimpsing over his shoulder .... he saw me right up there with him.......I suddenly spurted forward I was gaining then ........the hamstring went .....I started hopping along the track crossing the line just after several Dad's came whizzing past me. My lips made a loud FFFFFFFFFFFFF sound but upon the glimpse of the head teacher scowling at me I said "FFFFFFFFoolish me I've appeared to have pulled my hamstring...oh dear! I laid there pride dented severely over he came ...the winner together with his wife Agent A both sporting their winners stickers...he then slapped a "I'm so brave sticker" on my chest..........The leg was in a bad way ......was a good day though and next year I'll be back (said in an terminator sort of way)and.......... I will beat him....So it wasn't so much Ahhh Grasshopper it was ARGGGGGGGHHHHHH and then I hopped along the grass!
Rehearsals that night were however the highlight of the day and our drummer who will be known from here on as barabanshhik (this is Russian for Drummer...believe me it's easier than Armenian.for drummer.........Barabanshhik's wife is russian so hey...Barabanshhik it is) anyway bubblegumshik was superb and we had a great session. Babapapashhik has a great style of drumming looking so effortless. Monday night we had another rehearsal ...Diddler was detained at work....but his reserve "the Holy one" stood in ..Pugwash was belting out some great vocals and Bar.bar.bar...bar.bar.baran..shhik went into a trance like drum solo whilst playing Eddy ...we must of jammed solidly for about 15 minutes...what a laugh!
So the the official Hot Machero line up is as follows


PUGWASH- vocals
WIFEY- Guitar ,Saxaphone
DIDDLER- Guitar
ME- Bass
BARABANSHHIK-Drums
gig 2 is tomorrow!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment