Saturday 7 July 2007

Live Earth day

Seeing Genesis on telly at Live Earth might be the closest We’ll get to seeing them....Yes we have tickets ...Wifey is running a temperature all day and is quite poorly....so Twickenham tomorrow is in the balance for us......gutted!

On reflection I feel that the name Village for my boss’s other half may be inappropriate......You see it’s the Navy thing......I am from a Navy background ,Dad ,Granddad and an Uncle all being in the navy so it kind of sits uncomfortable taking the Mick out of our premier armed service. Not as uncomfortable as my nose if Big D (Cruella’s bloke) was to get hold of me...I kinda know that the Village people aren’t exactly the Navy’s greatest allies. (Except in the US where the US Navy used it for a recruitment drive...completely missing the point.... there again the same nation thought Springstein’s Born in the USA was a tribute song..........?!?!?!?!) So I have racked my brains trying to rename one of our most enthusiastic Hottys and the motor biker angle lead me back to the Village people again so I’ve decided to keep it simple...big D (kind of makes him sound like a Bra ....but hey !) So Big D ...we salute you.

Monday sees the band sitting down before rehearsal to plan the next few months ....We have another Charity gig at The Battle of Britain club in Uxbridge on 17/07/2007.We were asked back for that due to our performance at the last one we did there which we all know we can build on and do even better.

In between nursing poor Wifey I have been watching Live Earth.. Genesis were great ...Razorlight were good ...thought Metallica were cool too. The Red Hot Chili Peppers were class . I wonder what it would be like playing to a stadium like that......I should imagine for Hot Machero it will only be a dream...but I who knows ...our six year old Rock star is already showing huge potential. Off to watch Madge on telly.........laters

No comments:

Post a Comment