Friday 20 July 2007

Our best gig yet!

It’s official.....I’m my mother’s son......yes blood is thicker than water....We received a letter through the post last week stating that we were not in when a courier tried to deliver a parcel...and as punishment for this heinous of crimes...I mean how bad is that ...going to work ...and not waiting in all week for a parcel that we didn’t know it was going to be delivered....shocking...we had to go and pick it up about 10 miles away ..anyway not being one to cut a short story long......armed with the offending piece of paper I bundled said Mother dearest into the car for the ride together with Rockstar and mini minx and off we set....I drove straight up to the DHL place where I have picked up countless parcels before I cockily went into the office thrust the bit of paper under the nose of this floppy faced bloke who looked as bored as a season ticket holder at Arsenal. Give me my parcel my man I thought hoping he would give it to me before he keeled over with rigamortis..I said “can I have this please“. He looked up at me and said “No” restraining myself from grabbing him by the lapels and hauling over his grubby little counter I said “why?” His index finger jabbed at the DHL sign above his head. He smiled as if to say to me “you dick” as the very same finger did a circle in mid air and jabbed at the piece of paper that to my horror said.......Interlink Express. The roars of laughter faded into the distance as he walked back into his office...uttering something about a banker.......maybe he was playing Monopoly.

We sped across town and had to reach Interlink by 10 am....at 10.03 I screamed to a halt outside the premises ...the children still roaring with laughter at their Nanna.....(Mother dearest) calling their a Dad (me) a plum! needless to say it was shut..............
But all this was forgotten on Monday night we practiced our set for the next evening our fourth gig ...Another charity do at the RAF Battle of Britain club in Uxbridge.....Rehearsals went well the second time we went through the songs ....the first time was flat and rather dull......but we rocked the second time and the new song I can’t explain the Who classic was starting to come together . Tuesday came and my fingers still sore from the night before’s “Can’t Explain “ thrash there we were performing to about 80 people....We were performing in the break in the set of the award winning Vyners School Swing band......they were very good and I persuaded the band to get up and cheer them whatever they did as they would do the same to us and there was about twenty of them. They wee actually very good and our cheers were genuine...and in true form they were very loud for us too but we did have quite a good performance no major mistakes and Pugwash’s father in law who is what I would describe as the beer buddy..stated it was our best performance yet...... he loves his beer, is cheerful and is the type of bloke you would want to have a beer with........he is also officially our biggest fan as he hasn’t missed a gig since Pugwash (or fathead to his colleagues )has been with us.

Barabanshik awoke at the crack of dawn next day and analysed the recording before breakfast next morning . Bababybellshik is a perfectionist and he will for sure give feedback on the night and we will quite rightly listen to what he has to say ...but the crowd that night were either in nursery or blue rinse brigade and we got them clapping and la la la la ing and a groan sounded around the hall when we announced it was our last song( I’m still undecided if this was them taking the piss or not ...sounded genuine) and we got a loud cheer from them in our finale of “I wanna hold your hand”. and we had some people dancing too which was kind of cool.
We have agreed that for next week we would look at I can’t explain...Dakota by Stereophonics and we would start working on our dancey toe tapping set off old fashioned rock n roll Let’s Twist again and Let’s Dance which we will probably play back to back....not my own personal choice of song but hey it will get people moving and is stretching my boundaries as a musician. I have looked at the music on the net for Let’s twist again and I wasn’t happy with it ...so I sort of did my own and it works well...I think we’ll see Monday.........I’ll report on how it went next week....

No comments:

Post a Comment