Thursday 24 January 2008

Space Boy

It's 1500 hours on a Wednesday afternoon another day in paradise...a busy work schedule ? very much so I have a client coming in at 1700 and there is a lull in my working day just enough to impart my words of wisdom on the marauding hoards that regularly frequent these pages which are the product of my warped and sometimes insane mind. I suppose it can't be worse than Saturday when i fell out of one of our "customer's"windows onto the front garden .......tis a long story ..nothing broken just some bruised pride. So without further a do I will tell you that today I'm not feeling funny!!!!!!! nope...i sat and watched the news today eating my prawns in pitta bread and i can categorically say that it was depressing!!! (not the prawns you imbeciles!!!!!!! the news...) Doom gloom and more doom gloom...and that was just the adverts!
Well I 've got our gig to look forward to at the weekend.....except I know I'm going to open my mouth to harmonise with our singer Spaceboy (formerly known as Boots ...keep reading and I'll explain in a bit) and i know that I will let out a noise similar to the QE 2 entering harbour.....My Ipod thinks that the only two songs that exist are Good Enough by Dodgy and I want to hold your hand by the Beatles. These two songs are easily the two most irritating songs in the universe now!!!!!

I drive my car singing "I can't hide......I can't hide .....I can't hide!!!!" at the top of my voice .......some poor old woman jumped out of her skin at the traffic lights the other day as I belted out " I feel happy......inside!" So although I'm looking forward to the gig I feel as nervous as a stratocaster in Pete Townshend's grasp...but still......... three days to go and one rehearsal left.......

Yesterday I treated Freddy (my Fender Jazz Bass ) to a nice set of Rotosounds. I've been playing on the strings provided by the good people at Fender since he was purchased and decided he needed a treat.....I feel obliged to buy some for the big red monster too (My Dean semi Acoustic) especially as recently he has acquired a little dent in the back of the neck where it joins the body from a falling surround sound speaker.

Space boy? well our Mc Cartney sound alike brought with him to rehearsal a machine that helps you meditate aptly called an LSD ??!?!?!?!?!? it consists of specs which throw bright lights into you closed eyes and headphones that play pulsating sounds into your ears ......Apart from looking like an extra for Deep Space 9 or something from outer space you end up precisely that .......spaced out.......amazing! I tried it on and the effects are awesome.....after about thirty seconds voices around you start going distant and you feel like you are ..........well ..................high on drugs.........

So he is now known as Space boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment