Tuesday 15 January 2008

Too old for street cred

Street cred. is there an age limit on it ?...I pose this question on the back of a conversation I had with the road runner the otherday...she said ."What 's wrong with going to a spice girls concert ?" after asking where do I start? I went into a long schpiel regarding street cred and her lack of ........this good humoured bout of shit slinging turned nasty (if having faeces slung at you can get worse!!!!!!!!!!!) Roady runner then said ...."You are too old for street cred..........!!!!!!!" hmmmm.......that can't be right can it? I mean you can commit social suicide at any age can't you. Ask Mr T at work......he admitted to the blogster extraordanaire (ie Me ) that when he first went on to Google Earth he zoomed in on his house saw his car on the drive and got his sun to rush out to see if he could see him .........I thought he was playing a trick on his boy ...but sadly no he actually thought it was live satelite footage! then there is Mother dearest of course........I mean fancy telling me that she fell asleep at her computer the other day. She lifted her head off the keyboard wiped the dribble off of the space bar deleted the 5,000 full stops from the document she was typing and took herself to bed going through the full range of abloutions climbing into bed only to realise it was only 1730 !!!!!!! then if that wasn't enough ammunition for me to assassinate any street cred she had she told me that when she eventually got to bed she decided she would listen to a podcast from a morning chat show and she dropped off to sleep. when she woke up the man on her show said "the time is 6.30" So she got up and started to go through the morning ritual of getting up and breakfast etc.......you guessed it ..................it was only 0230 in the middle of the night......Don't get me wrong I don't believe one should be a victim of fashion and wear inappropriate attire on the belief they look cool! but surely street cred is ageless. Is it indeed important? ............ If Hot Machero started playing Carpenters and Jim Reeves hits would we not completely lose street cred???!?!? there you go i rest my case!.........

Less than two weeks to the gig in Reading....we are busy rehearsing so much so Wifey fell asleep slumped over her lecky guitar whilst going over "Good Enough" for the umpteenth time last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment