Wednesday 7 May 2008

All Folked Up !!!

Being off sick when the sun is shining sucks!!!! Tuesday morning after a night of tossing and turning I awoke to find my body had aged about 30 years and I had a head pounding more than Barabanshik's bass drum. Wifey had it last week lasted a few days and I certainly have it this week I've even cancelled my bass lesson...and was off my food yesterday too. Two of the few fundamental requirements for living for me...nearly up there with family and Torchwood...

The weekend was a toughie Wifey and I set about recording two more songs for our side venture which has a working title of Cultural Karma. CK is Wifey's vehicle for expressing her folk, folk rock side with a little touch of ambient in there too. We will come up with a band name but at this time it really is a studio type effort. Mainly because of the time Stone Jesters takes and the fact that wifey plays all instruments apart from bass on the tracks which as good at multi tasking she may be would be near on impossible to do without backing tracks or folk musicians. I love doing that stuff and I think she writes some very clever stuff in this kind of Genre.
Check it out. There are 3 songs on there at the moment Earth Calling, Echoes of Beltane and Lazy Stones...just go to the link at the bottom.

Let us know what you think. Mother dearest likes it as does The Dark Marge. We will be adding more as and when.

Whilst we were on the subject of Mother dearest...she has done it again in Tesco's...
We approached the Deli counter and as we perused Mother Dearest pointed to a huge Sausage of Salami and said out loud..." This reminds me of your father!!!!!" The lady behind the counter nearly fell over ....I wanted to .........and crawl off into a dark hole ......

She defended herself saying that Father Dearest loved to buy from the deli counter but I wheeled her away before the staff behind the counter got sacked for an outbreak in morale such was the laughter that echoed around the store....Yes you guessed it ...there was a little old lady walking by nearly had a heart attack....most unamused.

Rehearsals went well on Monday. The Woodster's voice is still not right...but on the mend. Does kind of help when she sings out the right end of the Mic though.........No I kid you not ...easy done isn't it ...to miss that huge ball thing on the end of a stick .....near your mouth but hey ho!!!!!
That's a Nuff ......Off for a rest.........

http://www.myspace.com/culturalkarma

No comments:

Post a Comment