Wednesday 28 May 2008

Singers,Ferraris and Nutty boys

So far so good. The first budding Stone Jesters singer has come down to try out and she was good! Definitely in Boots The Space boy’s league.

We haven’t committed ourselves as we have a few more to see on Monday (about 5) if they all turn up that is. The Stone Jesters are starting to really gel as a band now we have even started working on a new song......well ,wifey wrote it months ago and we jammed it before Boots even joined the band . It re surfaced on Monday and is a real rocker ...nice heavy bass line and The Holy One added his bit onto it ....can’t wit to get a singer to round it off. Wifey is going to add a solo over the top too.

Ok here is the announcement ..............(drum role) ..............Wifey and I’s side venture .......Folk rock outfit Spriggan Mist are releasing our first EP.....Konditions of Change. On June the 2nd. It features 5 tracks all penned by Wifey with a little assistance from your truly. It has had some strange reactions at Market research stage (me playing it in the office) We have had people laughing all the way through my singing...that was one of the Oompah loompahs (two girls in my office are below 5ft in height)......she reckoned as it was cos she can’t imagine me as a singer........yep I can relate to that neither do I. Dragut’s Eye had someone actually cry as it touched them emotionally (I shit you not!..........and no she didn’t ask me to turn it off either.) The artwork is all done by the Dark Marge....and looks fantastic!!!!! All those years locked in his bedroom haven’t gone to waste...I mean what was he actually doing in there?!?!?!? I mean I did sneak in a few times as a kid and I hot the standard response “OUT!” especially when I caught him dancing to Madness’s “One step Beyond” in true nutty boy style........oh and there was the time that Father Dearest walked in on one of his first girlfriends and...........well maybe for another blog!........(I can feel The Marge cringe before even publishing this crap.....plus I’m sure he could dig up a lot of dirt back)

Back to the EP I am immensely proud of it, every time I hear it, I hear bits that we could of done better but I think that is a healthy thing.......it’s our first recording after all. The whole point of starting the band was to become better musicians having two musical ventures just broadens the horizons. They are indeed poles apart but I think that keeps both ventures fresh and healthy.

The Ferrari arrives this week.........no I have no delusions of grandeur (we’re not even signed to a label) No Mother Dearest will be in receipt of her Mobility Scooter this week. “ The Ferrari “ is red and we are looking to find some go faster stripes for her. Maybe a flame pattern up the side or something .

Cruella my ex boss came into the office to see us yesterday........just to confirm she is reading the blogs she gave me a bollocking for not continuing my virtual weightwatchers on these pages........now why do you think that is boss!..........yep I’m an FB!....ok ok...... 18st 2lbs

No comments:

Post a Comment