Wednesday 29 April 2009

Mother Dearest's Magical Mystery Tour!

So whilst beating about the kitchen on a busy Saturday morning ....I mean which imbecile suggested weekends were for relaxing?!?!?!?!?!?!Mother Dearest gets on the blower and asks if I'd like to take her to this shop in Binfield to buy silver icing colouring.....so I weighed up the fact I had ...washing ironing , lawn mowing dinners to cook .....music to practice and generally a house to tidy and said yes.....
So prising the kids away from each other ......I think at the time Rockstar was pile driving mini minx into the ground following her giving him a double suplex to the chorus of Eazzzeeee Eazzzeeee! but anyway I managed to get them in the car and we arrived at MD's sheltered accomodation to start the magical mystery tour.

Now alarm bells should of started to ring really when she told me she heard about this shop from a man in the pub......(well a woman down the market actually but it's only a subtle difference....) So I ask .....well where is the shop? Amen Corner she replied with all certainty.....shop name? road name ? .......no! So I fired up the in dash crsytal ball and set off on my marathon trip around Binfield. We hunted high ......we hunted low ....but alas couldn't find the shop with no name in a road of similar anonymity. I now know Binfield like the back of my hand....although the back of my hand is by far more interesting. After a few hours we returned home itemless,witless and clueless......

So Rockstar and mini minx resumed their rumble in the jungle and I resumed my mmenial task of keeping the house running.

Weight update ....from 19st 4 on Easter Monday,I actually weighed 18st 1 yesterday morning......

music update.......can tell the gigs are hurtling ever closer ...I made some silly silly errors in rehearsal the other night....(no not just by turning up!!!)
Kultural Karma has taken another twist...out goes the Mando ...the incredible Gurning Gizmo said I looked like Tiny Tim with it in my hand. In comes the jazzed up bass line....again. Working on harmonies this week.......more rehearsals at the weekend maybe a midweek next week and then the gig......Wifey took delivery of very cool stage clothes last night and my effects on my bass have all suddenly decided to sound like Daleks so it's back to the drawing board........not done nearly enough bass study for my lesson that is looming tonight .......and I'm busier than a big busy thing at work

just another day in the life of me

3 comments:

  1. OK two points that need clarifying, first, what is a lawn mower dinner, is it anything like a ploughmans? Secondly does your stage costume come with rubber pixie ears?

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok ok .....look I write these really quickly so you have to forgive punctuation. Anyway....I have the benefit of rememberting our parents opening your school reports from which I recall the quote from one of your teachers that you...." write like you dipped a spider in ink and let it run about the page" so thank god for keyboards as you would be well stuffed...talking of stuffing...you can do so with the rubber pixie ears!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I'll have you know my hand writing is lovely and flamboyant now and I prefer freeform spelling to the constraints of the more established restrictive modes of spelling.

    ReplyDelete