Tuesday 5 May 2009

Wish It Was a Stinker!

A terrible thing happened at rehearsals the other night……..No…. The Incredible Gurning man didn’t lose half his bow up his nose whilst vigorously fiddling his solo in Waiting for a Dewdrop to Fall nor did Wifey’s Sax start blowing bubbles ….something far worse …….we had a great rehearsal……we played the best yet…..and it was the last one before the first gig…….it should have been a stinker..!!!! our only saving grace is that we mucked up Lazy Stones.
So here we are the first gig upon us on Saturday . Come four o’clock at the Plough and Harrow in Warfield at their fundraising event we will be in full swing and Spriggan Mist’s music will be heard live properly for the first time.

The Dark Marge or Daft Wormwood as he calls himself these days will be in attendance ….he will be like Worzel Gummidge at gigs …apart from the smelly holey socks and the unkempt appearance ,he’ll have different heads for different tasks ….Roady, soundman ,official photographer/cameraman..not to mention security…….hey I kid you not….at work the other day I got smiled and winked at whilst standing outside a railway station …you just don’t know…! when in full swing I might get accosted on stage……(ok ok the winker was a bloke who was obviously very gay and camp with it …..but I might still need security…maybe even more so ) I have instructed the band that Dark Marge likes to be called Oy! And really likes a kick in the butt if he doesn’t respond quick enough…….

So with a week of work ahead of me I am indeed distracted by the gig …..and with a whole pile of work lined up for me I’m struggling to stay focussed… work is getting in the way !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment