Sunday 17 May 2009

Euro VISION

Yet again Eurovision has thrown up it’s usual cauldron of controversy. Political voting seemed to be a very unfashionable thing this year and many countries appeared to vote a bit more fairly. With the dawn of Pop Idol ,X-factor and all that crap it seems we vote with our eyes almost more than with our ears.
Now Maltese singer, Chiara bless her has an amazing voice but she isn’t blessed with the most stunning of looks and there is a few pounds to be shed. (she has lost some already ). But she can sing. Now lets look at the winner some geezer from Norway. Puppy eyes cute little smile .....a fiddle (which he played well) trendy hair with the sticky up bits .......with the majority of Eurovisioners being female they found the right recipe.......I mean it’s not very macho is is?.......

”Alright Bert coming down the boozer tonight?”
“Nah mate it’s Eurovision ain’t it”............................don’t think so

I couldn’t possibly condone the comments made about Chiara eating all the pies I heard this week and a friend said to me that no wonder I came to England and married an English girl if Maltese girls look like that. Beauty my dear friends is not skin deep and Chiara is a very talented singer..........the fact she keeps pie shops in business and there is a rumour that Moscow has run out of pies is irrelevant ....I am no advert for Slimcea myself so these comments disgust me................................how very dare they

But there is hope for the UK next year in the wake of a fiddler winning in Moscow. Our very own Incredible Gurning Gizmo geezer and Violinist extraordinaire in response to an email I sent him this week where I had passed judgement on one of his compositions called Annalise(I mean who am I to judge....but hey)
And I quote.......

“Then I shall reserve Annalise for my Eurovision Song Contest entry next year performed with 2 violins, a cello - all girls of course, and some double-jointed contortionist dancers.”

Andrew Lloyd Webber..........who are you?

3 comments:

  1. How about Spriggan Mist for Euro next year I'm sure you could come up with something better than our entry this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nop we are a bit more serious about our music and it isn't liked by the vast majority just the select few in the know.......come up with somthing better than Lloyd Webber?...you been at those funny pills again Mother dearest?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I thought the Euro one he wrote was orrible, so there.I'm not saying all his stuff is but that one was.

    ReplyDelete