Saturday 9 May 2009

Does My Bum Look Big In This?

It was a sunny Friday afternoon....(bit like a peter and Jane story isn't it?....wonder what happened to them?.....probably drawing pensions now..)
Anyway I was driving home so I decided to give The Incredible Gurning Gizmo kid a bell to see what time e was coming round to do the last minute labelling so the sound desk would be at least idiot proof if not Dark Marge proof.....
I was met with a muffled "wait a minute ...just taking my guitar off" I waited as I heard the receiver get put down and picked up again ."Been practicing ? good lad " I said in admiration for our fiddling guitarist's dedication......"ahh well no actually I was just trying on the pirate shirt" I swerved the car as I realised Gurning boy was indeed posing in front of the mirror in stage kit....with his guitar....."You wearing trousers? " I asked "or just the codpiece" a nervous chuckle was received down the line and I had further visions of Gizmo standing there with just a pirate shirt and codpiece posing with his semi ......acoustic....and then having a good fiddle with the screaming banana..........(his yellow electro violin that is) I can just imagine him calling the Phantom Pinger into the front room..."does my bum look big in this?" just as I was erasing this disturbing vision from my head this evening the pair of them were talking about looking for a screw in a box full of wires......very highly irregular I'm sure.

Well here we are ....all the wires labelled...Gurno and pinger did a great job tonight in all seriousness and apart from there musical talent I welcome their organisational and technical skills.As the Manic street preachers clang their leccy guitars on Later with Jools Holland (and Paolo Nutini challenges are very own gurning champ to a gurn down as he puts on that stupid voice which sounds like a badly tuned radio station )it's time for me to turn in as it is now May the 9th and it is the day we open another chapter in the young history of Spriggan Mist....Whatever that carefully put together sound set up chucks out tomorrow it will be from the heart and our own work......which we are all very proud of.....I hope those that are there tomorrow like it too. If not ....no worries we'll be having a ball anyway

2 comments:

  1. I'm really looking forward to it, especially the pirate outfits ha ha!! Best of luck all of you.

    ReplyDelete