Saturday 13 October 2007

Bara what's the story Balamory Shik!!!!!

The Russian word for Drummer is Barabanshik...tis why we call our Armenian bang crash man so.........cos Drummer in Armenian is too hard to pronounce and his wife is Russian. (no I didn't mean she has little time on her hands....!!!! she is actually from Russia)

Now Barabanshik isn't your usual drummer. With the greatest respect to all you stick wielders out there the stereotypical drummer burps ,farts and generally has the vocabulary of a Telly tubby......Rather like a super hero Barabanshik has a disguise.....during the day he is an engagement manager (not quite sure what that is maybe he manages brides and grooms to be!!!!!!! )I think he's a mild mannered computer tecky type person but as the drums are set up and the band starts pumping out sounds Barabanshik turns into a monster beat box!

You see there is a new word in the dictionary!
Armenize -verb, to Armenize, Armenizing - to take a song and radically change it for the better by beating the living crap out of it.

Bara -Bubble- bubble- toil -and- trouble -shik can make any song up tempo even a Norah Jones song in fact rumour has it he was sacked as a funeral drummer for turning a funeral march into a Rio style street dance! this is however only rumour !

Bara-boo boo pee do shik has decided that the school hall we practice in needs a coffee machine....I wonder if that is a reflection on the rest of the band??? I did enquire with Bar ra ra boom dee aye shik when he made the coffee request whether we were boring him or interupting his tea break which tickled him so much he was laughing well into the next song. I can just imagine the school head's face as the kids file to the medical room on a Monday after scolding themselves on the odd machine in the hall !!!!?!?!?!?!

Well the band is in full swing into rehearsing for the Christmas gigs and the Christmas songs we are going to do are going to be kept a secret. For these gigs we are going to get Simon from Diddly Sqwat the fledgling photographer to take some promo shots for a flyer so we can tout for work . Bara -bas free barabas shik came up trumps again and suggested and I quote......

"I always have some nice cigars in my car, may be we can have a photo us enjoying cigars and cognac whilst on break? :-))))))))))) I even have Cohibas !"

I replied "you are a worry!"

the reply ":-) why? are cigars or cognac against the law? has something changed in the world whilst I've been commuting in and out of London :-))))))"

The vision of us in a huddle behind Bara ba bar black sheep shick's drums drawing on massive cubans and sipping cognac just doesn't do it for me ...although standing neck deep in the Thames as Simon suggested doesn't do it for me either....why can't we just do the urban decay in the background or standing in a grubby lane like most bands.... I don't know......(actually I do ...I want to do summin different but can't picture what at present )

Anyway this week apart from the mad ramblings of an Armenian drummer, wifey and I saw two of our favourite bands this week 3 daft Monkeys who are a folk rock band from Cornwall who are absolutely amazing. They played a small venue called Dingwalls in Camden I would defy anyone to stand still at one of their gigs they were the billy doo dahs. Then the next day we went to the Koko club in Camden again and saw the mighty Kula Shaker ..we were there right at the front amongst the mass of jumping raving loons soaked in thrown beer and generally going mental to the music.......fantastic but alas it's back to work the latter part of the week and I'm still knackered never mind off on Sunday then Monday comes around and just for those couple of hours Wifey ,Boots ,Bara wail like a banshee shik and I become rock Gods in our own tea time ...........

No comments:

Post a Comment