Tuesday 8 April 2008

Elvis and The Stone Jesters

It called for drastic measures....there she stood my three year old Mini Minx in front of me with those ultra expressive eyes .....”Elvis is King...isn’t he Daddy” Aggggghhhhhh........I picked my self of the floor.....panic.... I composed myself “who told you that “I squeaked in disbelief........”Nanna” the honest reply came crashing back at me like a John McEnroe forehand.......you can’t be serious Mother Dearest...this is indoctrination.... what if someone calls child line upon hearing someone so young utter such nonsense....... I picked both her and Rockstar up and decided that I had to assume my role as chief educator to my children .....I plonked them in front of You tube which I hurriedly brought up on our PC which is temporarily in the kitchen with the refurbishment currently taking place at Machero towers . This is handy as one doesn’t even need to get off one’s chair to grab a snack from the fridge or a glass of wine from the rack ......anyway I sat them in front of the computer and played them a clip of Elvis in Las Vegas ( think it was ) from 1970....a year before I was born singing Suspicious minds. My thinking is that after seeing the cringe making outfit.....the Karate warm up /stretching he incorporated in his routine (Sic) and the funny dancing Minx would realise he wasn’t so cool after all. Instead she started laughing ......she thought it was funny Minx and Rockstar looked as if they were enjoying it.........more drastic measures .I’ve been listening to lots of skar at the moment so I quickly put as many madness videos on a s possible before long Elvis had been replaced by Baggy Trousers in the fore front of Minx’s little mind ....then I had a brain wave I showed them Bad Manners doing The Can Can...how they enjoyed seeing the rather large skinhead with an even larger tongue in a grass skirt high kicking.....this degenerated into the three of us doing the full Can can routine in the kitchen complete with tongue....my whoops of joy subsided when I realised I probably didn’t look dissimilar to Buster Bloodvessel .......Elvis however was a far distant memory for my tiddly peeps...mission complete....words with Mother dearest to follow!

We have finally decided on a new name for the band........The Stone Jesters.......The Dark Marge has been with pen poised for a week now and has had to screw his work up as we have wrestled with different names and changed our minds....Marge has had a real sense of humour failure (probably justified mind) but last night we finally decided on Stone Jesters except for a good hour Barabanshik insisted we be called The Stoned Jesters....the Dark Marge texted me with his representations regarding this ...I must admit announcing to the whole Parish at The School summer fete that we were Stoned Jesters might not go down to well with The Head teacher and /or the parish priest......I protested with Bara Barbie girl shik it wouldn’t be right .Finally Bara la lalalalala lah lalalala lah hey Jude shik succumbed to pressure but reckons he’s going to get an adhesive D for his drum so he can be a StoneD Jester...fair enough ........ a final text into the Dark Marge telling him we had changed our minds again resulted in a very very frosty response.......

Finally our new singer will be here on known as Posh....no he doesn’t pout like Mrs Beckham or wear tight fitting leather jump suits....(at least not at band practice)...It rhymes with his name and he has got rather a posh Surrey accent it has to be said...

Current line up .....

The Stone Jesters
Posh-lead vocals
Wifey –Guitar s and Sax
The Holy One –Guitar s
Barabanshik-drums
Me-Bass

Laters...I’m off to find some Harlequin trousers!

1 comment:

  1. hmm cue Dinah Washington..."what a difference a D makes...." Well I did take time out from a cgi project on a wizards tower and spent all evening working on some very cool 'Stoned Jester' and then just when I was about to hit the send button with proofs I get "oh its Stone not Stoned" That changed the flavour completely! I should of listened to the little voices in my head and waited really...oh well Stone it is, I'll just have to rethink it....again...at least the jester character I've created works either way, so its just the lettering I need to rework.

    Now...Viva Los Vegas is a cracking song, OK ZZ Top did it better though.

    I think the set could definately do with some banging ska

    ReplyDelete