Thursday 17 July 2008

Need a drummer

You would think I would be chomping at the bit to impart on the world tales of the last gig wouldn’t you.
Yarning about how good it was and how we are top of the world etc...huh?
Well I ‘ve taken a few days out to reflect on what so far has been an unusual few months and find myself sitting back being rather philosophical about it all really and in a calm and measured approach to the subject of the Stone jesters now being officially a gigging band I reflected on the last two gigs and I can say without getting too exaggerated...........................

WE F*&*ING ROCKED!!!!!!!

I apologise if I am about to offend...but this so far has been the best line up we’ve had both musical and character wise . Although by far not the final product we did rock and people liked us ....we have even got some possible gig offers down a local pub too which is in early stages of negotiation but we’ll see.
This is the last time I’m going to make reference to this but let me have my moment just this once......
There were a few people this year that have been very critical of the band and it’s members in fact there have been three people who really stuck the knife in at different times and to varying degrees and reasons......None of you were there at either gigs ........
Well we rocked........people liked us ........and Johnny B Goode was played twice as it went down so well(this will make sense to one of you)..........so you three where were you? .....probably not performing in front of an audience .....I wonder why?.......we were rockin as a band having a great time . knock us down and we’ll be up fighting again . We proved you very very wrong .........You probably did us a big favour in a funny sort of way...........nuff said
After the dust settled on the two gigs by mutual consent and after a lengthy discussion our Drummer Barabanshik is leaving the band . We wish him all the best and thank him for joining us on the journey.
So this is an exciting time for us as Barabanshik has been with us over a year and getting a replacement will be a challenge but I’m sure the right drummer will come along.
I’ll blog again at the weekend bye for now

No comments:

Post a Comment