Sunday 20 July 2008

A Relaxing Evening !

Things were getting frantic!!!!!!........My seven year old Rockstar sat in the back of the car in his booster looking worried .........there was only one thing for it.......phone Mother dearest!

Rockstar was dressed in his Beavers uniform complete with scarf and woggle it was his first night away with them at a campsite the other side of Ascot. I'd glanced at the map earlier in the day and decided I knew where it was. Wifey was away in Northampton and had taken the Sat Nav...so in true Scouts stylie I felt " prepared" and set off early. Mini Minx was staying with her Nanna which meant that I was a free spirit doing exactly what I wanted for the night and the next morning . I was expecting uninterrupted relaxation. I trundled up and down this road looking for this site but to no avail . It was 1815......I had till 1845 to find them so I wasn't worried.....by 1830 I was getting worried . The phone call into control went in Mother dearest perched her self at her PC and guided me into the campsite like a guided missile hitting its target ..................not!

Instead I got a series of expletives about her PC crashing freezing or the map not being big enough. Lefts rights road names in Windlesham and a set menu for three at the Chinese restaurant.

It was 1840....I was panicking...."just read the flippin map !" I screamed ...

"I can't it's a crap map"......she replied.....(I thought this might be a good follow up for Dora the Explorer.....you could have the "Back pack " song then the "Crap map" song ......hey ho I digress...back to the panic)

I'm now driving around these country roads looking for the campsite...I asked a local but she was as useful as a fart in a sleeping bag............then there was my only hope...........Dark Marge would be pinned to his PC this time of night........I'll phone him in Dorset to look at a map to guide me in, in Berkshire. So I phone him and thankfully he guided me there ......Rockstar slid in to the camp at 1845 and as they were falling in doing the Beaver song (!!??!?!) I made his bed up for him and slid away ......hot bothered not in the slightest relaxed .

That night I recorded a song all on my own.......at the time I thought it was the bees but by morning when I listened to it again twas awful!!!!!! I packed a bag and bounced off to the gym...it was shut lack of staff wasn't opening to the afternoon...pants pants pants!!!! I went running and hit some bag instead......(bag as in punch bag not some random grumpy old woman)..Chaos was restored to my life when the children arrived back that afternoon and I promised they could camp in the garden ....so last night I had my nose pressed up against the side of the tent all night as my children spread themselves out ...I was awoken to the sound of Kaiser chiefs from Rockstars I-pod ...............at 700 hours!

My life is far from ordinary...back to being a rock god tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment