Monday 21 July 2008

Stone Jesters ......disbanding

February 2007 wifey and i embarked on a journey of self discovery. Could a Mum and Dad in their late 30s start a rock band ?. I feel I ought to announce that this part of the “experiment” is over. We played two very good gigs and it felt finally we were getting somewhere only for a mainstay in the band to announce he was off. On a weekend of contemplation Wifey and i feel that doing the covers thing at parties and weddings wasn’t sitting comfortable but the Folk rock side of our personas was tapping away at us demanding more attention.
As we belted out Johnny B Goode last weekend it dawned on me that the audience loved it and wanted more....we’d only learned one Rock n roll song it was evident we needed to learn some more.
But i didn’t want to do rock n roll i didn’t want to play things that really don’t interest me. To get gigs you need to be liked, to be liked you need to play a full range of stuff. Why do we want gigs? It’s not a money thing although it was nice to get some. It was all about self discovery but things have progressed and we know what direction we are going in. I suppose what i ‘m trying to say is Stone jesters has reached a point where we don’t want to go anymore but Spriggan Mist on the other hand is fresh exciting and where we want to go.
In a nut shell The stone jesters are no more.

It started with just Wifey and me........it’s still just wifey and I
Check out my blogs still !......I’ve renamed it
“Life at the Low end”

No comments:

Post a Comment