Tuesday 12 August 2008

Don Mario's big thighs

So you see...when in Rome do as the Romans do....when in Malta you have to visit the rellies. Now this isn't as bad as when my Dad was alive ...at times we felt like the flippin Pope...Don't get me wrong it's cool to see my Aunties and cousins but when you have to visit your second cousin twice removed's goldfish it can get a wee bit tedious. So the last few days were rellie days interspersed between trips to the beach and the splash and fun water park ....(which I hasten to add is ultimately cool now....and the recent rats in the pool controversy has been revealed to be but a malicious rumour by a disgruntled ex employee.....didn't see any rats me self ...a few crocca dila pigs doing aqua aerobics but no rats)

We were also invited to my cousin's house for the festa....now cousin lives in a "to ie for " apartment overlooking the grand harbour. His Dad and him have their own firm. (if you know what I mean) His Dad Uncle Mario(and my cousin ) are really cool blokes and I feel they have an eye for class. They deal in fresh meat and poultry and the topic of conversation always seems to come down to the size of Uncle Mario's thighs (chicken ones of course)So we are sat out on Cousin's balcony and he see's this sign newly positioned by his local council prohibiting BBQs in the area. This sign was really getting up my cousin's nose and mentioned it to his father. Uncle Mario looked at the sign between squinting eyes and I quote (granted via translation)" I'll send someone to sort it" this was accompanied by a knowing nod of the head by both him and his son. I think my Uncle is a Don........be it with big thighs.....

No comments:

Post a Comment