Tuesday 5 August 2008

Making off without payment!

I sit here sweating my spriggan arse off.

Hi there all of you in blighty heard it has hasn't been great weather.....well it has been damn hot here and yesterday afternoon as I layed in the water in Rinella bay...I thought ah Mr t will be making good his escape from work at this time.

Anyway must be brief got lots to do today ...St Thomas bay beckons but it hasn't all been plain sailing....well you see it was getting late and we hadn't eaten in the evening so we decided to go to Senglea for a Pizza. Wifey,Rockstar and Minx were really hungry (so was I ) So we ordered some Pizzas and the waiter brought us some drinks ...the witer explained to me that there would be an hour wait as they were busy. Fair enough I said (well I didn't as I spoke in Maltese but you get the idea)I told him to get me the bill for the drinks and we'd make like shepherds to somewhere else it was just the kids were really hungry. He scuttled off and I heard a bit of commotion in the kitchen and the young waiter came back and explained that it would only be 20 minutes......I could live with that.

Forty five minutes later we sat there turning to skeletons !!!Wifey instructed me to ask the waiter for an update and another diet kinnie. Which I did but another 10 minutes went by ....no Pizzas no Kinnie. I asked again and the reply was that they were in the oven .....hmmm now call me cynical but I noticed that there was a lot of take away orders to-ing and fro-ing .......So I went into the restaurant and asked the wairter who was behind the counter in the open kitchen bit...I put on my most polite of voices " Mate any chance we can find out how long the pizzas are going to be" The young waiter turned to his boss and chef and repeated the question . The chef possibly not realising my command of the Maltese tongue snapped "It wil be ready when it will be ready" The waiter cringed but I leant over the counter and said still quite politely " you said what?" the chef knowinghe had hit the point of no return started bleating " people time work ,waiters waiting " So I slipped bout five levels down into gutter Maltese loaded up two barrls of shit and unleashed the simultaneously at warp speed in this packed restaurant..." I explained that 20 minutes had turned to an hour and that i was quite willing to go as they had courteously told me there had been a wait but as now they had lied they could take their Pizzas and stick them where the Maltese sun will definitely not reign down" I told a bewildered Wifey to grab the kids we were not eating at this establishment. so we marched up the road ....as I reached the hire car...I see the hapless waiter running after me as he got to the hire car I span round which made waiter screech to a halt " but you haven't paid for your drinks" After a brief conversation he scuttled back muttering about how it was going to come out of his pay and it wasn't fair. We jumped in the car and went to Cospicua and back to friendly territory and got take away pizzas which took 10 minutes...we sat on my Auntie's boat eating our pizzas .......so technically i did a bilking ....it felt good and my Dad would of been proud....

anyway off to the beach!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment