Monday 26 February 2007

Acoustic Bass RIP

As wifey described when she took over the Blog I had an argument with my Acoustic Bass. It was getting the better of me so I enlisted her back up and attacked it in a pincer movement.
There was a problem with vibration along the fret board. Technically I believe it is called “shagged ” I purchased it for a measly £47 from e-bay. It might as well arrived in a box marked “Acme shagged Bass” to be fair it looked great but it was vibrating more than an Ann Summer’s rep’s brief case. On closer inspection the paintwork wasn’t great and I played with the truss rod (Hey I’ve left the Ann Summers bit now!!!) Which helped in reducing the vibration. It became a constant feature in the back of Eddy (our legendary 1973 VW Camper) on camping trips together with wifey’s acoustic guitar. On many a summers evening ,the gentle picking of guitars could be heard around a burning camp fire as wisps of smoke lofted into the air from behind the green VeeDub (no we weren't’ smoking funny fags) the smell of roasted marsh mellows complimenting the quiet as mother nature set about putting the countryside to sleep ............................only to be interrupted by the clanking and vibrating of a sausage fingered bass player (aka yours truly) on this acoustic Bass.
It’s a Swift by brand and the only place it is going is swiftly in the bin. But never fear...the London Guitar show is on in April and as wifey is the bestest wifey in the world she is going to allow me to get a decent one. If I’m a good boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment