Tuesday 20 February 2007

Jam and Martians

Wifey forgot an important document that she need urgently at work today. After juggling the school run and apologising to the teacher for our tardiness I couldn't help wonder as I hurtled towards her work to bail wifey out, I wondered if any other of my rock heroes have this problem of their practice time severely hampered by stuff like kids ,traffic, work absent minded wives. The thought of Bono panicking to get a parking spot near to the school and running the kids off their feet as they bundle through school reception tickles me as my thoughts turn to music again....Then a quick pop into Woking the home of Paul Weller of the jam and War of the worlds. The glittering martian fighting machine statue welcomes visitors to this town. It is hard for the Woking ites to stomach that not much really happens there....I mean they treat HG Wells's classic like it really happened that Martians really did land at Horsell Common at the turn of the last century. It's so boring you just have to see the look on Weller's face ,have you ever seen him smile?......my point exactly. People of Woking........you live in a boring town..deal with it!
Today I am practicing ABACAB the genesis classic.......I am trying to read bass cleff it takes me a long time ...sod it! there must be a tab on the Internet somewhere. Wifey plays the keyboard to this and thinks it could be a Hot Machero song....Genesis must be quaking in their boots....
We have found a singer.....our niece SJ. She meets all the pre requisites.....fun,young (will reduce the average age of the band considerably) and mad as a box of frogs. Oh yes and I seem to remember that a few years ago at Karaoke on her 16 th birthday she sang "genie in a bottle" half decently....sold! she got the job rehearsals start this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment