Wednesday 4 April 2007

There's a guy in the church loft swears he's Elvis!

It was like someone adjusting the picture. the moment the spotty faced geeky fitting advisor at Spec savers gave me these quicksilver glasses and I put them on everything became sharp.......It only then sunk in why I was having so many near misses in the car and leaving a trail of destruction in my rear view mirror.
Monday night was the first time we had the whole band together in one room and I know sometimes these pages degenerate into the farsical mutterings of a madman, today I am going to write seriously for a bit as I think that the commitment of the band last night shone through for many reasons. Firstly SJ had only actually landed from the USA a few hours earlier and hadn't slept for over 24 hours and still sang away with a smile on her face. For someone who had had two weeks on holiday it was evident she had practiced as she did really good with "into the deep" and "sing " two songs she struggled with before she went away.Wifey had a really sore neck and played through it in quite some considerable pain we all agreed that her intro to "Into the deep" rocks.....for our American fans.!!!!.(Moose we know you are watching our Myspace now). ..Into the deep Rucks!!!!. Dominic has obviously been practicing, as his wrist stamina was more solid for a lot longer last night(I might re word that !) We all agreed that Dom's chosen beat to "into the deep" drove the song along better or at least it suited us better (not to criticize an awesome song as is) ....but Dominic's drumming put the Hot Machero slant on it. Chippy brought along his girlfriend....his Laney amp...and a beauty she is too. He has also bought a pickup for his acoustic. This really shows the Chipster's intentions and his guitar playing certainly adds to the band I could hear us both lock into a groove on "Into the Deep" and "Sing" is brought to life with his accompaniment to Wifey and sounded really good. We failed The Chipster a bit as he was without music for "I wanna hold your hand" which I think sounded great and certainly enjoyed playing.
"Sitting on the dock of the bay" is another favourite as the bass line I feel is the real special bit of that song and SJ sang this well too. We only actually went through it twice and Dominic who seems to be in the best position to hear the band properly said it sounded good as it was .Halfway through "Into the deep" I got terrible cramp in my left foot which sent me into an Elvis like dance the pain increased I had to carry on with the song and I was almost on one knee trying to flex my toes....I caught chippy looking at me as if to say "Saddo do you really think you look cool!!! I protested to the band I had cramp but I got the feeling they felt my claims were as false as a tranny's fanny.
Wifey and I have purchased a PA system complete with mixer and monitors and next week we are going to unleash the Hot Machero onto it and hopefully this will balance things out a bit.......Chippy with his girlfriend Laney (his amp ) and Wifey with her Kustom made my little 10 watt jobby look very inadequate and we had to virtually gaffer tape it to Dominic's ear for him to be able to hear my bass lines. My little 10 watt did exceptionally well under the circumstances we all thought...
At five to nine we reluctantly decided that we would pack up before the grumpy gate keeper arrived ...and true to form he was grumpy ...."We are already packing up "I cheerfully announced to him as he came up the stairs "I'm late " he replied grumpily..!
Back at home we gave best friend M (head groupie) who was baby sitting the mini Machero a blow by blow account of the rehearsal she gave us a blow by blow account of what our little darlings had been up to ...we are forever in best friend's debt and we will mention her when we get out Brit award.....

No comments:

Post a Comment