Thursday 26 April 2007

Lola

Flipping guitar players......with their fiddly little strings and their bright ideas!!!!

Eric the Red suggested after rehearsals last week ... why don't we do "Lola" by the Kinks that will get em going!!!!.....yeah we all said enthusiastically....Wifey set about learning the song that evening......She got it quite quickly (with the aid of a great computer package called guitar pro..if you haven't got it get it ..... .....that's if you play guitar as otherwise it'll be useless to you) Anyway I looked at the Bass line and realised I had bitten off a bit more than I can chew! For two nights now I have wrestled with this Bass line ...I'm struggiling.....bloody La la la La lola! it's making me feel quite La la la la low now! cos it's a La la la la load of B****cks!!!!! To be fair The Red and Wifey play it well and it is a cracking song........just a pig of a bass line.....&8+£$%&!!!!!!!!! .As I left the office this afternoon I said to Mr T "I'm going to Nail Lola tonight!" He nearly fell off his chair!!!!

Alas....two days to go to the London Guitar show at Docklands Hurrrrrrah!!!!!! As I have the bestest wifey in the world she has agreed that I can buy a new acoustic bass (see previous blog back in February called Acoustic Bass RIP ) this is a huge guitar and bass show where you can see and try all the latest models and spank plank all day..............there are also some live acts performing. together with Wifey and the Rockstar we will make the trek across London whilst mini minx will look after Mother dearest at home.
Well I'm off got to get this bass line sorted......blame Wifey and The red one for this being so short....mumble mumble feckin Lola mumble kinks bl@"££%%

No comments:

Post a Comment