Monday 7 May 2007

SJ Speaks!!!!!!

*S.J Bursts through the door and shouts- “im taking over the Hot Machero Blog, go on, clear off!”*
-Cue evil Laugh- “MWHAHAHAHA, cough cough splutter... ok we’ll work on that later”
im highjacking the blog for one night only (take advantage of the free snacks on the way out, get ’em while they’re hot there lovely!) Im staying with Uncle Basey, Auntie Windy, the mini machero and Dude’s the dog... (just to clear up the nicknames, Uncle basey is because he plays the bass guitar and auntie windy because she is awesome with her wind instruments- absolutely nothing to do with their flatulence *giggles to herself*)... it’s pay back time! So anyway, back to the plot... *whispers come from the kitchen “there’s a plot?”* ... Oi, didn't I tell you to clear off?!?! Go make us another cuppa....
Anyways, just wanted to put my ore in about last week practice. Firstly a big thank you to Big Tim and Michaela for coming to listen, that was quality mates, sorry for boring you to tears! Hope you can come again soon. On first thoughts I thought it went pretty bad, except for a few songs, but on arrival last night into the Hot Machero Headquarters I was promptly sat down fed, watered and made to watch the recording of us.... Well... the first song was painful; I was like “WTF mate!” But after about 30mins it did get better, my voice warmed up, bongo dom seemed to loosen up, Auntie windy, uncle Basey and Eric the red started tapping there feet and we were actually not that bad... Mini Machero went to bed, Little angels, Actually to tell the absolute truth they were little pirates at the time. We got a glass of wine each and carried entered the Hot Machero studio (actually it’s just a really big dining area, but it may as well be called a studio with the amount of instruments in there!) Auntie windy decided to give me a few tips on breathing and pushing while singing, that was interesting, and Uncle basey thought he would attempt to play bass and harmonise with me all at the same time... thoughts on that- he’s definitely not a woman, multitasking is not his speciality *giggles to herself again* I think his hearing is going slightly in his old age too... ok maybe I should explain that comment... the tone of the evening was like a multistory car park (wrong on so many levels!) I don't know whether it was just the drink... actually I know it was nothing to do with the drink! Mind in the gutter, I tell you, Mind. In. The. Gutter! Anyways, I was actually being sensible at this point in the evening; I took Auntie windy’s advice and was going to mark down my breathing spots on my lyrics, so I asked for a pen “Why?” Came the reply from Uncle Basey “I need to mark my breaths” I answered which prompted a very strange look on Uncle baseys face, “What?!” He remarked, innocently I repeated “to mark my breaths” and continued looking for a pen, with this Uncle Basey fell to the floor and started to roll about in fits of laughter, I looked at auntie windy she looked back then we both clicked at the same time he thought I had said I want to mark my breasts!! What a numpty... anyway, the evening was extremely productive, we came up with a few great harmonies for a few songs that will help me a lot with the low notes, so WOOOO *does a little happy dance and gets a few dodgy looks from the mini machero and dude’s the dog*
Another Band practice tonight, same place same time, it’s raining VERY heavy out, but apparently according to Uncle Basey its good luck, we shall see. We have a new rhythm guitarist coming along tonight to cover Eric the red’s position on the fete day, his name is Alan from the red ferrets AKA The Ferret, should be entertaining.
*Banging comes from the kitchen and Uncle basey bursts through the door* “Right Miss S.J, that's enough! I will not take this silliness any longer, give me back that keyboard!”
*S.J Shouts* “NOOOOOOOOOOO.... NOT THE KEYBOARD, IM NOT FINISHED!”
*Uncle basey calls in reinforcements from the garden* “I cannie take her alone, captain, the power, it is too strong”
... Ok, im sorry, this is getting extremely silly, im gonna go get a cuppa coffee... Have no fear, im not surrendering easy, I will be back! MWHAHAHAHA.... *S.J sneaks off in to the darkness of the kitchen, evil laugh slowly fades*

No comments:

Post a Comment