Thursday 11 September 2008

Froggin hell!

It was dark I was emptying the recycling at the side of Spriggan Towers …….ok ok I was committing fashion suicide I had me flip flops on …but hey it was a quick shifty outside ok. I felt something cold and wet cross my foot…..I looked down couldn’t see anything . I went back inside to fetch a torch to investigate and I could hear the commotion upstairs of the mini Spriggans going to bed Wifey struggling to carry out the procedure as it is at times like trying to shove a multitude of excited monkeys into a box……….not that we condone that sort of behaviour at Spriggan Mist of course.

I shined my torch down by the bins like a search light searching for escaped prisoners and then caught in the beam were a pair of beady eyes looking back at me……..No I hadn’t finally found the whereabouts of our former singer Boots “ the spaceboy” (more about him later)….but instead a frog looked back at me as if to say ……”what the froggin hell are you looking at?” I was going to take a picture to impress the mini Spriggans but Wifey was calling for assistance …offering me words of advice such as “Stop your flippin front garden frog safari and come and help out” Excitedly I told Mini Minx as she settled down to bed and my excitement was met with a matter of fact response …”Well there is a pond next door “ as if to say …get a grip.

So this weekend 10,000 VW campervans are descending on Malvern for Vanfest 2008. We are going down there with Berkshire Bugs (no that isn’t an illness it’s a VW club) Can’t wait, last year was a blast a weekend of camper van madness…..Wifey is promising to stay off the wine this year !?!?

Boots the Spaceboy has been in contact he has a solo venture going at the moment called Watching Planes…the project is named after a song he wrote of the same name that has reached the final of the UK song writing contest beating around 6,000 other songs. He might have some opportunities to play it live coming up. He has asked that we may assist him, so watch this space. It will be quite cool to link up with him again.

Anyway My Bass teacher has got me looking at the mighty Jaco Pastorius at the moment …….hmm it’s a bit like getting your Sunday league pub footballer to play like Ronaldinho. Jaco was really the Godfather of fretless bass and my head is full of playing octaves and harmonics apart from other things like Vanfest , food ,running and writing endless drivel about the life and times of me.

I’ll end today’s offerings with a Mr T blooper…….after reading my blog about mother dearest phoning my mobile to see when she was going to bring it back to me as she had it in her possession . Mr T thought he would phone me on my mobile to see if I had it….except he rang my landline and the joke kind of fell flat.

No comments:

Post a Comment