Monday 22 September 2008

Oil

Oil....A swear word at Spriggan Towers at the moment.....it has indeed been a substance that has caused wars between nations...and has certainly cost me a bit here.

As I am a self proclaimed lord of the blogs which entitles me to rip the proverbial out of anyone that enters my life .....sometimes on the old comments segment of the blog I can be left open to some feedbackthat could leave me red faced. In other words I'm dishing my own dirt before someone does it for me!

Well you see when it comes to my knowledge of cars I kinda stop at pedals steering wheel and gear lever. So when last week whilst speeding...(within the limit of course )towards my bass lesson i noticed that the engine warning light came on on my dash.It went after a few minutes ........ah well I thought can't of been anything too wrong. parked the car up ...Vanfest came and went and then last week whilst taking the rock star to school...it came on again and the car started to splutter so I parked 5 minutes short of school....So I got Rockstar to school . Mother Dearest beat the recovery man to me and picked up Mini Minx. After an hour a stab proof vested recovery man turned up (apparently he has been robbed at knife point for his Tom tom three times this year he was knocked out sparko by some bloke and is often threatened with his life as he tows away cars for The Metropolitan Police .......nasty lot those Met boys!)

Anyway the crux of this long winded piece of drivvle is that the car had insufficient oil in it.....ok ok ok !!!I've told you it's out ! I'm crap at maintaining cars ......so instead of about a £10 can of Oil it cost me over £200 as some crank thingamee bob was stuck due to some burnt oil on it.....obviously this has given Wifey license to bring up the episode every time money is mentioned. We are looking to sell the car anyway. We love it but we don't need a 4X4 anymore so not wanting to be in the Chelsea tractor brigade we want to sell it......Rockstar picks up on this and with a wagging finger and a scowl accross his eyebrows tells me...

"Now Dad...cos of you we are going to have to sell the 4x4! cos you didn't put Oil in it ......You should check your oil each week like mum does "

So there you have it........now Dark Marge before you feel the need to put the boot in whilst I'm prone ..I know you gave me a car maintenance book for Christmas about 15 years ago...well here is a shock........I didn't read it !!!!!(actually did come in handy a few years back but anyway)


Quick round up then.....Spriggan Mist are likely to have a guest singer to record Kultural Karma more news soon....
Oh yes the day after Mother dearest wrecked the market place in the town centre on her mobility scooter (see last blog) well knock me down my motherng out law (Wifey's mum of course) took out a whole shelving with hers at Woolies. I'm wondering if they are in competition ...bit like the Evil knieval/Eddie Kidd rivalry in the late 70s......shit showing my age now.

No comments:

Post a Comment