Thursday 6 December 2007

A rear Admission

What I hear you say another blog .....well I'm writing this over lunch so if bits of chicken and stir fry end up on your screen you know where it came from.......seriously though the reason i write today is to bring you good people of blogland .......the truth the whole truth so help me Bob!.(rugrats fans will remember Angelica saying this ...for those of you lost .....get a life! you can get Rugrats on DVD now so educate yourselves....!!!!)

My day started just like yesterday...it was raining and the Maltese word for rain is Xita (Pronounced Shitta) which will indicate exactly how the day is going!!!!!
The Mini Machero wanted to ride the bikes to school so I agreed as we left the house I looked down at my keys and realised the house keys weren't on the bunch ....I was officially locked out !!!! so a call to Mother dearest who donned her cape and mask and set off into town (where she was headed anyway) and arranged a rendevouz point to give me my lock activation device commonly know as a Key!!!!!

Anyway we got the mini Machero to school and Nursery and the heavens opened there I was riding away from the nursery when the Nursery parent commitee type person called me over to ask if I had filled in the form that I should have etc..etc... I hadn't ...she said
"that's ok ...it needs to be back before January I do apologise it's just me being anal"
I tried to empathise and wantedher to think that I too can get a bit fussy over these things but I said

"That's ok Ann...I do anal!"

As soon as the words left my mouth I cringed . the now busy bustling playground was silent I had said it really loud too! Juat in a lull of everyones's conversation! I looked round Mum's ,Granny's ,Teachers and children of this suburban mainly middle class catholic community had just heard me say I DO ANAL!......I'm sure a piece of tumble weed passed me by as I then said

" I can't believe I said that" the laughter broke out on all sides I tried to redeem my self by saying " I mean I can handle anal"

Anal woman said "really and you being on the PTA as well!!!!

" I didn't mean it like that....." then I thought my God! got to be PC here....
" not that I have anything against it " by now ribs were splitting

this was met with even more laughter all that was needed was the head and parish priest to be present and I would have made an even bigger impression.

I said to anal woman "think I better go" ....and peddled of ...fast but not fast enough not to hear a little girl in pig tails carrying her satchel ask her Mum
"Mummy what does, I do anal mean?"
I cycled off to town to meet Mother dearest!!!!!!!!

Later I was stopped by a Parent I know just to say hello to who was assisting the PTA at St Margaret Clitherow's Christmas Fete where we did the gig. She collared me outside Tescos she was carrying her children and it was raining but she stopped me and spoke with me ...and I quote

" Thought I'd come and tell you ...the band went down really well the feedback we've had has been really good loads of people have said so well done I'm sure they'll want you to play again " my reply of "Really?" was met with " seriously, you really did make that fete, thank you"

it's nice to hear it from family and friends but from strangers or someone who didn't have to say it meant a lot

Twas a proud moment

No comments:

Post a Comment