Monday 31 December 2007

Into the Poo ....!!!!!!

In the words of John Lennon......."So this is Christmas what have you done?" (Boots will be proud of me for that ) So here is a Christmas round up of the Hot Machero band , fans and hangers on.

Christmas eve we discovered that you can track Santa as he goes all over the world via a site called Norad.....it basically plots Santa on Google Earth. this was a great source of amusement for Rockstar our 6 year old....and his cries of " Dad, Dad Santa is over Mongolia" as he sat wide eyed on the edge of the computer chair were met with equal wide eyes and quick steps of excitement by his Mother and Father. We actually had to check ourselves.......but we get caught up in the whole Christmas thing using the Mini Machero as excuses for many yuletide occurrences such as the lights on the front of the house the decs all the way through Christmas Songs at full volume throughout the house and the waist expanding food and drink . all for which we use...."well it's for the kids innit!" really........the crate of Magners and the two bottles of Baileys? Closing up for bedtime is an hour long event in it's self at the moment.......no ....not carrying Wifey upstairs suffering from one or five too many bottles of Barcardi Breezer.....or the strain on the legs getting upstairs because of copious amounts of mince pies....no it's because of the amounts of flippin Christmas lights to turn off

It was a great Christmas in Machero Towers , Santa was kind to us all. The neighbours were away so Wifey got to try out her Line 6 Spider III guitar amp just as amps should be played..........LOUD!!!!!!

As for your truly ? Wifey brought me a wireless receiver for my Bass....Marvellous !!!!!! You see to allow the kids their time to open their presents Christmas morning Wifey and I open ours at midnight on Christmas Eve........(the fact that we used to do that before kids is neither here or there......it's for the kids innit!) So there I was at 0030 hours cordlessly plank spanking in the front room , kitchen, in the bedroom then I ran out into the street with my pyjamas on stood outside next doors house and I could still hear my Ashdown pumping bass lines . To impress the kids in the morning I did the very same, still in my jimmy jams I quickly slipped on my sandals and ran to the bottom of the garden right in the middle of "Into the deep" I trod " into the dog crap" yes Doodles our dog had left a Christmas present on the lawn.....Merry Christmas dog!!!!!!!

Mother Dearest came over for Christmas day and my brother the Dark Marge came up from Dorset for a couple of days on Christmas morning ladened with gifts for the mini Machero and generally being quite Christmassy( This is however after he managed to get lost around the ring road in town for most of the morning .....again . The Outlaws came round too and the house was filled with Christmas cheer!!! Rockstar jumped into the drumming hot seat fresh off the School Nativity play gig where he really was a star doing the drumming and percussion for the whole show. Wifey and I grabbed our musical weapons and mini minx was let loose on the mic and gave the rellies a rock version of Jingle bells and Little Donkey...The Dark Marge carried on assembling Rockstar's Hogwart's Express Hornby train set which Santa had been so generous to give him and Uncle Marge had brought some accessories for . Putting the Dark Marge on the spot I asked him in front of his 6 year old nephew " So ...how did you know Santa was going to get Rockstar a train set....????" rather cleverly he replied " Santa's Elves paid me a visit and told me.....they were female elves wearing long boots.................just long boots" he then grinned like Scooby doo locked in a Scooby Snack factory!!!!!!

Shall I talk about the band for a bit? we are busy rehearsing for the 26th of Jan gig....Barabanshik is recovering from RSI in his wrist......not a good injury to have for a drummer ...he is still bashing away though . He has re kindled his love for some of that classic rock such as Deep Purple and Led Zepp. His BMW pulled up the other day with Deep Purple pumping away even chucking it on the school CD player as we set up........His suggestion that he'd like to do a purple cover was met with excited grins by wifey and I...Boots however didn't seem as enthusiastic......and his suggestion that part of one of the Deep Purple songs was almost "Beatles like " was met with the groans of disbelief the comment deserved.. I'm going to play him some really hard thrash or speed metal ..........and run a book on how long it takes him to find a Beatles influence in it.............

Wifey is busy with America (The Razorlight song that is not the country) as it happens her Spider III has a Razorlight setting and it sounds just like Razorlight's guitarist is sitting in the back room when she's playing the riff.

Me well I'm cordlessly playing away....I've kind of got to grips with most of the bass lines for the set I'm concentrating on fine tuning them getting into time with Bara bauble and tinsel shik and learning harmonies and backing which you all know I don't really enjoy and do struggle with.

So with 2007 drawing to a close I can only reflect on an awesome year........Hot Machero has made huge leaps forward and would like to thank the band for giving me an immense sense of pride to what we have achieved so far and the potential I'm know we have. I'd like to thank former members SJ, Chippy, Diddler, Dom and Pugwash for their help along the way...the band is only 10 months old yet as I write these names those early sessions when we couldn't even get through a whole song during rehearsals in a church loft with borrowed drums and 10 watt practice amps seems like another lifetime ago. With the greatest respect to the aforementioned , their predecessors Boots and Barabanshik are very talented and more experienced musicians that are pushing mine and Wifey's boundaries constantly.
2008 is going to be even more exciting I know it!

So all that is left to say is on behalf of Hot Machero I hope you all had a great Christmas and hope you all have a fantastic New Year........

We're off to Jockanese K...MBE 's New Year's fancy dress party tonight ........yes the man is back all in one piece ....I will report on this later this week. Until next year this is the Bass man signing out .

No comments:

Post a Comment