Wednesday 14 March 2007

A close call with Wogan

Yes Yes Yes! Wifey shouted from the other room making me drop a pile of plates I was skill fully trying to stack in the dishwasher.....had she discovered that there was an hour long Eastenders just about to start?......had her beloved Arsenal won something?.....no that was too far fetched. I nervously went into the backroom to find Wifey arms a loft sitting at the computer. Her eyes darted in my direction and her smile turned to an evil grin. “You are so going to be blown out of the water......!!!!! Bass man!!!! I have just won an amp on ebay six times as powerful as yours ....ha ha!!” She cackled off pleased that she will have enough power to drown out Concorde.
Dominic da Drummer exists!!!!! he turned up for rehearsals with SJ. Drummers are truly like busses...No! not loud red and smoke too much....but there we were struggling for a drummer and upon our arrival at the church we found the door locked. We could distinctly hear the sound of drums coming from the loft area of the church. After a while a little old lady white hair and everything answered the door and I enquired if our drummer had already arrived “oh no dear “ she answered “that was me ...I ‘ve always wanted to have a go and when the drums were donated to the church I thought ...why not?” The novelty of having a granny on drums soon wore off when It dawned on me that she would bump the band’s average age up to 100 years old. Anyway Dominic is the real deal he can drum, which is rather handy if you are a drummer.

At 1845 hours on Monday the 12th of March 2007 was when Hot Machero officially became a band.(minus Chippy of course, he was playing with his wood somewhere?!?!?!?!???) The little glass sided loft space at the front of the church was where Wifey, SJ , Dom Da Drummer and I played our first notes . Best friend M was there as the official Hot Machero groupy. as we belted out Green Day’s Good Riddance time of your life, the Mini Macheros were sat on a step strumming away on their “Coostic” guitars. A lump came to my throat......don’t you just hate swallowing polos whole!!!!!The rehearsals went well and all of us can’t wait for the next one!!!!

It finally happened I am officially old........ I have to admit it. ............I couldn’t help it ...I was overcome by temptation..............I had been working in a different office and the radio station they had on was playing some real classics. Cheerfully I enquired as to which station they were listening to...“Radio 2” was the reply. Quickly dismissing the momentary slip into middle age as a fluke, I continued with my work. On my way home the adverts on virgin were driving me nuts!!!!!!!! I looked down at my radio I could feel the sweat role down my neck. Do I admit defeat, do I succumb to the fact that I was turning ancient. What if Tony Blackburn comes on.....or worse....Wogan.....the wretch.. I reached down hands trembling.........I pushed the button with an outstretched finger like ET on his way home.....up came the station ...Radio 2........Radio 2.......Radio..........2 It played on my brain...the music kicked in. Billy Ray Cirrus.....agh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hurriedly changed it back to Virgin. thank God I thought as I heard the advert for Sheila’s wheels for the 500th time....that was a close call.

I have to admit to you good people in blog land that today I am struggling to stay awake I have head butted the screen and dribbled on the keyboard several times. I was out of the house at stupid o’clock this morning having not heard the alarm I woke up Wifey to the chorus of Bollocks !!!!bollocks!!!!! bollocks!!!! as I realised I was running late. This of course went down as well as a lead balloon.

My bed is calling................it’d better keep it’s voice down I will not be amused if it wakes the kids.

1 comment:

  1. woooo go us! brits here we come! lol

    and i thought head butting the screen and dribbling on the keyboard was a perfectly normal occurence for you... hahahaha

    sorry, couldnt resist it!

    ReplyDelete