Thursday 22 March 2007

Nemesis

It had been three weeks ....was my nemesis still there waiting towering over all? A double door seperated me from the fiend. I stopped I could feel my heart beating my breath heavy. Adrenalin running through my body waiting to explode........I felt like a gladiator waiting for the doors to the coloseum to open. I hesitated I caught a glimpse through a badly puttied window hastily added to the door for fear of health and safety breaches. The door was about to open........ someone was going to open the door...... my heart beat doubled and trebled....the door opened There it was standing high up as if it was shouting at me!!!!You fat bastard!!!!you unfit coward!!!!!try me if you think you're hard enough!" Ignoring it's taunts I walked up the steps to the first floor I ignored it .....The Versa Climber stood there smug...it thought it had beaten me...thought I wouldn't take up the challenge....I sat on an excercise bikeand started peddling,I watched it gloat at me.I was getting nowhere fast (probably cos I was on an excercise bike).......The Kaiser Chiefs in my head phones belted out Ruby "Is it me is it me are you laughing at me" they sang. This was it I had had enough I marched up to it mounted it and the attack started. My arms and legs pumped hard, the Kaisers were willing me on, sweat and tears were falling on to its hard black metal. It's display was telling me...."is that all you have ?" The Kaisers beat harder I push harder I close my eyes My head started banging to the beat "we are the angry Mob"......I am a tiger!....I am ........a Tiger!....My arms and legs were pumping faster and harder I was at exploding point I was beating the machine I was winning ....I WAS CONQUERING THE VERSA CL...............I felt a tap on my shoulder I opened my eyes and an annoyed gym instructor rudely interrupts my triumphant workout and says "Mate the versa climber works better if you turn it on!" "Yeah I know!" I reply trying not to sound like Andy Pipkin (little Britain).
It was high time I returned to the gym. From my competitive Martial arts days I am a firm believer in your workout needing to intimidate you. Just going through the mill wasn't enough and although the above is ladened with poetic license...I really do despise the versa with a passion and for near on 13 years I have had a love hate relationship with it.
Tired and worn out from the gym and a days work I have not practiced on my Bass tonight. I will attack it with avengance tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment