Friday 2 March 2007

Writer's Block,mushrooms and cells

Today I have writer’s block..............I’m told it can be quite painful but laxatives should clear it.

You see this blog was originally set up as a serious commentary of the up hill struggle of two parents in their mid thirties starting a band. The ups and downs of a rock band . The social experiment regarding the acceptance that two grown up professionals, parents, can make it as musicians . A blow by blow account of a couple’s struggle with everyday life juggling rehearsals with work and household chores.................................how it has evolved into the mad ranting of a lunatic I don‘t know. So today I am going to give you some real band news no nonsiacal stories.
We haven’t met up for rehearsals since last week. SJ has reliably informed me that she has got “Vertigo” I told her there is medication for that too. She is singing in the morning afternoon and evening learning her words but ironically is struggling with “sing “ by Travis. life must be like a musical for SJ. It was always a source of amusement for my bro and I imagining that life was a musical and all of a sudden your boss breaking into song and a cast of a thousand dancers appearing as the chorus line. The police skipping down the road leaping and dancing as they go about their business ,builders hammering in unison to overblown melodies. Smiley faces of supermarket staff spinning around as they fill their shelves. I am reliably informed SJ is living in this world. I told her she was far better off getting her mushrooms from Tesco but she had to go natural !???!!!!

The PTA have worked their magic again and there is rumours that Hot Machero are going to be able to use the school hall for rehearsing. Schools and teachers still make me nervous. I was having one of those mornings that you all know I have a few months ago. I had dropped the child rocker off to his class and I was running down the corridor to get to work on time.....I was moments from freedom when I spotted the deputy head in front of me......now I’m 6ft 1 and heavier than a big bag of heavy things which is soaking wet . But this 5ft nothing small framed teacher was there towering over me. “No running in the corridor !!“ she said firmly with her skinny arm, which was tucked inside a spotted shirt with little bits of frilly bits at the wrists (rather like Olive oil) out stretched in front of her. Her bony palm facing me like a bastion wall, I wasn’t going headlong with it. For that instant I was 5 again I rocked onto my heels screaming to a halt arms firmly by my side chin tucked into my chest “ sorry miss” I squeaked and hurriedly left the school building...like an Olympic walker ...you know looking like I was chewing gum with my rear end........ok that was gross but I had to paint a picture didn’t I?
So I don’t know if I’m going to be able to crank it up at school I ‘d expect a teacher to pop out at any given moment and say “ You....!boy!!!!!! do you make that row at home?” to which you are onto a loser coz if you say “no” you get the “well don’t do it here” and If I say “well yeah I do actually....the neighbours can vouch for that” you get the same reply . You can imagine it can’t you. Write 1,000 times “I will not plank spank loudly in the school hall”

We haven’t seen Dominic the drummer yet. This is Dom the drummer with da digital drum set ..............I’m not too sure he isn’t SJ’s imaginary friend.....I mean that will be embarrassing won’t it when “Dominic” goes into the great Drum solo.......SJ will be there watching in admiration and we’ll be like the rest of the crowd smiling and nodding at her humouring her until the men in white turn up. I mean them mushrooms cause all sorts of problems don’t they!
As I mentioned previously in this blog I have indeed have an older brother.....he does read these from time to time but I know he struggles with long words like .........and, is ,she ,he etc....but maybe he may reply to a blog one day . It was his birthday yesterday so a shout goes out to him.......Hope you had a great day and they let you out of the padded cell at least for five minutes...

1 comment:

  1. Mushrooms and Imaginary friends!!?? At least im happy and never alone... padded cells could be fun, and the white jackets are actually quite warm, dont knock it till you tried it! lol... thanks for the issues... thats quite funny about the teacher thing, im gonna remember that! heehee

    ReplyDelete