Saturday 17 March 2007

Modern technology making life easier?

Again husband has no inspiration so I get let loose on the blog...
I thought I would write today about how technology has made my life easier as a working modern mum (not). I looked in the cupboards and thought on no my responsibilities as a mother are failing and my children are go to have to eat dog biscuits unless I get some shopping in. After arriving home from work at 0230 in the morning, getting back up the following day at 630am with the children and just about making the school run in one piece, I did not have enough time to meander to the local supermarket and get to work in time for a midday start. I tasked husband with going on line to Tesco's. "It won't take long and order for tommorrow" were my final words and "when I arrive home at 10.30 pm I will check the list and place the order". It sounds too easy.. I arrived home and through out the evening husband had managed to put a list together which contained nearly everything we needed to keep the budding Rockstar and Mini Minx in the style they are accustomed. Although the keyboard contained dribble from the amount of time he had fallen asleep on the computer..
I ordered the shopping and went to bed thinking I have survived the challenge another week, fed my kids got them to school and managed to work 60 hours....
Another day of getting the kids to school and rushing off to work, I recieved a call from husband as the shopping has not arrived. He called Tesco's at their HQ and they said "don't worry we have a lorry broken down but its on it way an hour late." I arrive home from work at 1130 pm and still no shopping.. A phone call to Tesco HQ reveals they are shut. I then called the store to be told we cancelled the shopping at 730 pm...
I revealed my disgust to the person on the end of the phone who kindly then offers to redeliver the shopping..
At 0910 the following day I just make it back from the school run and the shopping arrives..By this time I think the shopping has been probably done a round trip of about 150 miles although the shop is about 4 miles away..
Great I think as I finally put away the food on the empty cupboard shelves Technology does make it easier lifting out a bottle of split bleach which promptly runs out over all my clothes destroying my red hot chilli peppers top....
Technology Makes my life easier
But the new amp is great and it will blow the "Bassman away"

No comments:

Post a Comment